Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North GA Mtn Run - Spring '05

So here's the deal

Saturday April 9th
7:30am
Barnes & Noble Parking Lot(starbucks)
Mansell Rd just East of GA400

The full drive will be about 4-5 hrs but there are plenty of places along the way for you to break off if you can't make it the entire time.

All makes & models of Porsches welcome! Let's beat last fall where we had over 35 cars
Old 03-15-2005, 11:32 PM
No Substitute
Advanced

Frank,
Sorry I missed the last one. I was going to try to make it but I had a Christmas party the night before if I remember correctly.....which is a feat in itself. I've got this one on my calendar.
Appreciate the heads up,
Chris
Old 04-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Lizard1
Racer

ok guys - look like some nice weather is in store for us - the rain is supposed to come & go by Friday afternoon.

see ya saturday!
Old 04-10-2005, 12:20 PM
No Substitute
Advanced

Thanks for organizing the mountain drive, the weather was perfect, the company was great, and everyone drove aggressively but not dangerously, if I may speak for everyone, in short.... we all had a blast!!!!!
There are some roads up around Cleveland Ga we might need to experience next, I would be happy to colaborate with anyone interested. I do have one reccomendation...I think next time a xerox of the route may be helpful to those who got off track.
Still Smiling, Chris
Old 04-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Lizard1
Racer

Originally Posted by No Substitute
There are some roads up around Cleveland Ga we might need to experience next, I would be happy to colaborate with anyone interested. I do have one reccomendation...I think next time a xerox of the route may be helpful to those who got off track.
Glad you got to come out yesterday - beautiful ride!!!!

Tell me more about the roads around Cleveland, might just have to do a "scouting" drive up there

The map thing is a good idea as you saw how inconspicuous that turnoff was that we blew right by - about 4 miles by!

looking forward to the next one this summer/fall
Old 04-11-2005, 11:04 PM
No Substitute
Advanced

I went up there with the Miata club, and if memory serves when you get to Cleveland there is a Kroger on the right and there is a side road that runs along the right side of the shopping center. It winds it's way out of town and into S. Carolina eventually. There was very little traffic, and some outstanding turns and switchbacks, most nicely banked. When you are ready to go PM me and I'll find out for sure from the Miata club.
Chris

Quick Reply: North GA Mtn Run - Spring '05