Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering trading my 02 C4S for a 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005 | 07:09 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Default Considering trading my 02 C4S for a 993TT

Sorry for this to be my first post over here.

I am toying with the idea of trading my 02 996 C4S for a 993TT of some sort.

I have only driven a 993TT a short distance and I am sure it was not enough to make a judgement on.

Has anyone done this type of step here? Or does anyone have any thoughts on the two cars?

Thanks for your time
Old 03-06-2005 | 12:27 AM
nman413
Drifting

I like my TT. I test drove a 02 C4S for about 45 mins, it was fun but a little numb. I'll probably get an 02 once they get to about $30k in a couple of years as a DD. The TT on the other hand is ludicrous power, my car is temporarily stock on power but I can't wait to get back to 500hp
Old 03-06-2005 | 12:41 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

I drove a 2002 TT before buying my 1996 993 TT. It was definitely fast, but I felt very removed from the whole test drive and my business partner who has a 2003 C4S said he did not feel what all the hullabaloo was about between the C4s and the TT.

I can tell you , the C4S is a great car as my business partner loves his, but the 993 TT gives you that visceral seat of your pants feeling when you drive it. I think the 993 in general is more of a driver's car (feel every turn because you want to) versus the 996 genre being a touring car. You can make it feel good, but the car does not make you work for it.

All depends on what you want. Both are great feelings.
Old 03-06-2005 | 01:37 AM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tim Wasmer

I have only driven a 993TT a short distance and I am sure it was not enough to make a judgement on.
The car you drove wouldn't happen to be mine would it ?

Tim you might as well do it, heck you can always go back to a water cooler later. If you serious there happens to be a silver one over here in KC I would be happy to look at for you. I owe you one. Good luck
Old 03-06-2005 | 01:44 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Tom!!!!!!!!!

Yes it was. Slow darn car you have there JUST KIDDING

I didn't push her to hard as it was not my car. But I drove it hard enough to get a feel for it.

How is yours doing?
Old 03-06-2005 | 11:42 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that if you pushed it hard (as everyone on these boards suggest you have to), you would have felt a meaningful difference. I agree with the others. If you have an interest in an air-cooled turbo, I would do it. Good ones are only going to becomer harder to find as time goes on. There were not many made. Also, with the turbo, unlike the C4S, you can make it as fast as your wallet, and nerve/personal taste, permit. Many here have created some beasts. Now that I think about it, you should buy Old Guy's turbo.

If you want the creature comforts of the 996, you could always get one later as Jauder intends to as the numbers sold were much higher.
Old 03-07-2005 | 12:05 AM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tim Wasmer

How is yours doing?
Fine, its had a few things done to it since you saw it, Fabspeed muffler bypass, and I just put in some billett diverter valves and row suspension with HDs and a stiffer rear sway. Brakes, bm shifter and a strut brace are next.

My offer stands if you want me to check out that one fro you over here. Its in the classifieds and I think Steve Kasper @ IA may have some knowledge of this car.

Personally, with the roads west into the Rockies up to Winter Park, Boulder Canyon or just I-70 up to Frisco with a radar jammer..... it would be a no brainer for a twin. If the suspension is up to date and not shot like when you drove mine you won't miss your C4. Yes your 996 is smoother riding, but there is something about twin the gets ya.

Happy hunting Tim
Old 03-07-2005 | 11:04 AM
Woodster
Drifting

Default turbos please!

either way, make sure it says porsche on it and has (2) turbos in the back

Quick Reply: Considering trading my 02 C4S for a 993TT