Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Turbo Factory PowerKit

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:19 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, good idea Kevin! I'll be coming to you soon. Tonight I played with a yellow Ferrari 360 modena. Here in Texas many straight highways are quiet just outside the city limits especially on Sundays. I live in a division outside the limits and I think this Modena does too. I was just in back of him when he punched it....I was in 3rd gear cruising about 30mph when I realized he was tryng to make me feel small. Normally I don't give into this for fear of accidents/pedestrians etc., but my younger years were calling and before I knew it I was down shifting to second and as my engine spuddered from reaching the rev limiter I could see that the F was having a hard time controlling his vehicle as I was mine. Either I broke loose in second, or I was beyond the grip of my clutch. Anyway, It all happened so fast, but I cought up and before I knew it we were both slowing down due to a turn coming up. I hit 130mph in no time! Was I fast enough? Did I break loose? Do I need a new clutch? I really think I broke loose. My heart was pounding and the flow of norepinephrine runing through my body....All I could think was.....Damn, gotta see Kevin and get Todd Knighton to beef up my car!!

Man, that was way cool. Gotta love 93octane on a cool day!

Jaime
Old 03-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
My heart was pounding and the flow of norepinephrine runing through my body....
Jaime
Jaime, where can I get some of that niroprophiniprine thingy? Was your conversion done by Todd? How happy are you with the result?
Old 03-14-2005, 12:50 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Hey Jean!

Conversion by Powerhaus in Arizona (David Raines). It was converted for another fellow. I bought it from him. Well, I've had the car for 3mos. now and still getting to know it. I've asked many questions from this board (sorry), but just trying to learn all there is to know about my car. I'm sorting out/learning about my dream car, but as is the case since it's not stock I'm having to learn all the idiosyncrasies of it.

Norepinephrine is the immediate active form of epinephrine, which is the delayed slower neurotransmitter that continues the "fight or flight" syndrome. The emediate rush you get when you find yourself jumping high fences-running faster than a turbo porsche, or at ejaculation is caused by norepinephrine which are abundant at the end of nerves. The heebegeebies you feel afterward is regular epinephrine which takes a little longer to act, enables you to continue your "fight or flight".

Jaime
Old 03-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jamie,

What sorta mods you have on your ride?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:03 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Sameer
Jamie,

What sorta mods you have on your ride?
Sameer,

My thoughts exactly. From his avatar, looks like a 930 cab. May be it's a super-, or turbo-charged 930?

Jamie, please enlighten us. Thanks.

CP
Old 03-14-2005, 02:09 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Hi guys. It's a 964 based America Roadster (Last of the wide bodies) cab with a transplanted engine/trans/AWD and electronics from a 993tt. It has an upgraded ecu from Porsche AG, K&N cone air filter (no air box), muffler bypass, 5bar pressure regulator. I need to check size of turbos. Car weighs 3300.

Hopefully by summer it will have custom JIC/Cross suspension, Kevin's zc turbos, and Todd knighton massaged ecu. The PO upgraded brakes to 965 brakes.

I'm really having alot of fun with my toy!

Jaime
Old 03-14-2005, 02:12 AM
CP
Race Director

Jaime,

You have an awesome ride. Do you know what kind of HP/tq you're enjoying?

Thanks.

CP
Old 03-14-2005, 02:17 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Hi CP. I don't know, as I had aluded earlier the receipts I got faxed from Powerhaus on this job indicate "500 flywheel HP/ 425 HP at the wheels". Well, these number are suspiciously too round and even. I think I'll take Kevins advice and go get it dynoe'd.

Jaime
Old 03-14-2005, 02:32 AM
CP
Race Director

Jaime,

Albeit rounded, that's prodigeous power. Good for you. You have a VERY rare car. Enjoy in good health.

CP
Old 03-14-2005, 04:35 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jaime,

That niro thing sounds great, do we still get it after 70?
Your car sounds amazing. It reminds me of a cabrio that Protomotive did a while back, that was hardly drivable straight.

As Kevin I think mentioned, you cannot be getting that kind of hp with your K16s, which does not mean that you do not have a fast car, in fact, could be faster than a K24 based one. If you are happy with the way it performs and drives, why do a dyno session and why even bother change turbos? I would just do a video of a 60-130 mph and you will know what your hp is!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jamie,
One look at your ride and I know its 64turbo based which is why I was curious of whats ben done to it. Damn you have an awesome setup and good tuners to back you up with. Keep us posted once you've done a dyno run.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:44 PM
svampthing
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
Found an old article in Christophorus No. 264, 1/97, look at the stated
performance figures for the 430 hp conversion. Academic I know but
I´ve actually never seen them printed before.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2005, 11:07 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

CP...Thank you.

Jean, yes the epi thing is still there after 70, just not always the hydraulics. About Todds cabrio, was it a black cabrio with tt, pressure sensing and all the goods? Cause I actually got to ride on it with Todd as the pilot. Damn thing was wicked with gross, obscene acceleration. My car does not feel like this, but I know this black cab from Proto had 650HP under the hood!

Sameer. I will definately dyno to get before and after HP/TQ. But right now I'm trying to get to the JIC/Cross special from viper bob, spoke with him on the phone today, seems like an amiable fellow.

Jaime
Old 03-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Anders
Thanks for sharing the info.

Jaime carajo , you were in the black Cabrio with Todd? That thing was amazing. I have an article about it that Rennlister TB993TT shared with me, it is sick fast apparently.
We know he knows how to build fast engines, can he drive too?

I would check out Moton Clubsport, Bob has them in his car, I also think he sells them if you want.

Sameer, you are spending more and more time on this board, could that be a message about your intentions?
Old 03-16-2005, 12:31 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Jean, we didn't do any turns, just a straight away. I'm not kidding when I tell you we got airborn!!

When we turned onto the straight part of the road in the back fields of Temecula, on a deserted stretch, I was just going to ask him something about the car when he accelerated like a bat out of hell. Let me tell you I actually felt my chest cave inward with pressure and I got tunnel vision....and I wasn't even drivng! first gear was short and useless, the rest of the gears were also short and so was the trip, but we were going hellof fast. There was an incline on the road, and when we got to it we got airborn....I felt it and soon after we slowed down he asked if I knew about our flight......I said daaaaaaamn! I think he does it purposefully to show off his work cause he knows the area, but it further serves the point that He is large and in charge of engine and engine management. Later he tells me that this particular prep is the START of good performance...He's built 1,000 HP engines for drag racing and I believe him.

I considered Moton's, but the reality is I am not keen on the extra manitenance having an oil reservoir to check at least twice yearly etc., and I'm a believer of keeping things simple, and of course being a cabriolet I won't approach the merits of the Moton's as I've noted chassis flex. Just wanted better than stock, adjustable no frills shocks. I called Viper Bob today and gave him my credit card numb. I also bought a carbon fiber strut from him.

"Jaime carajo" How do you know of this language? You used it perfectly

Jaime

Quick Reply: 993 Turbo Factory PowerKit