Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NA 993 owner considering the big move up to a TT....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good point, Jean. Hey, I have had a cab for FIVE years. I have enjoyed the hell out of it. If I miss it, I can get another one. God know they are cheaper than TT's. I should know... ;-)

I'll keep you guys posted as I think I have made up my mind.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:33 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jean,
I'm a bit curious, I thought there wouldn't be sufficient space.
The value of a TT conversion is one topic, but that is nothing that I'm concerned about. I'm more interested in the technical solution.

How would you fit the intercooler?
Do you have to put a TT-wing on the convertible, or can you fit it somewhere else?
Would the stock TT engine fit into a narrowbody 993?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Rassel, AFAIK (which does not mean it is right!) they are the same size in width and slightly different in length. Of course an engine deck lid change is needed and some fitting adjustments. If the car is a C2, it will need the torque tube and front diff and axles as well, or better still, keep it 2WD and fit a good Guard LSD. Protomotive, RS Tuning and some others have built turbo convertible rocketships..I know a couple of people who have done it in this part of the world, and it is not like we have expert mechanics here

Rob, good decision, you won't regret it!
Old 02-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well guys, I have decided to take the big leap. I have found a Guards Red/Black 1996 993TT with Sport seats and a few great options/modifications. I will "try" to post pictures soon, but it seems you have to have a Masters in jpeg reduction strategies to post a picture on this site!! Nonetheless, I will give it my best shot.

I'll try to post pics soon.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:26 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993 C2 cab
Well guys, I have decided to take the big leap. I have found a Guards Red/Black 1996 993TT with Sport seats and a few great options/modifications. I will "try" to post pictures soon, but it seems you have to have a Masters in jpeg reduction strategies to post a picture on this site!! Nonetheless, I will give it my best shot.

I'll try to post pics soon.
Hey congrats!!!! I was in the same boat so to speak with you, I could not part with my cabrio and bought a coupe for the track as I could not afford a TT without selling the cabrio... I still want a TT but my future plan includes a wide body conversion with GT2 flares and proly a supercharger for the cabrio. That will give it enough grunt to satisfy my right foot I guess...
At any rate you are going to love the TT! Good for you!
As for the image reduction.... the Mihov Resizer is soooo simple that even I can do it! You can download it free:
http://www.imageresizer.com/

Quick Reply: NA 993 owner considering the big move up to a TT....