Sponsored by:

Refinishing Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:54 PM
dysert
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refinishing Wheels

Anyone have experience in getting their turbo wheels refinished? What appears to be the painted surface is beginning to show wear and there are some superficial scratches. Suggestions?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Depending on your location, you can send them in for refinishing or take advantage of the major refinishers' exchange program.

You order new or refinished replacements, put them on your car when you receive them, and send back your cores in the boxes provided.

One of the best is Wheel Enhancement
Old 01-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Wasatch GT3
Track Day

Believe it or not, I had my tt's wheels refinshed about 4 months ago at the detail shop where I go. The rears had wicked curb rash from the previous owner. It cost me 200 bucks and they look amazing! And so much cheaper than the other options.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasatch GT3
Believe it or not, I had my tt's wheels refinished about 4 months ago at the detail shop where I go. The rears had wicked curb rash from the previous owner. It cost me 200 bucks and they look amazing! And so much cheaper than the other options.
Was the finish baked? It's one thing to freshen up wheels and quite another to refinish them.

If they were not baked, the paint won't hold up to brake dust very long and will wear off.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Doug Driver
Rennlist Member

Default Refinishing wheels

I used the paint and clearcoat which is sold by one of the mail order houses. I took my time preparing the wheels and buffed them well after I finished. They turned out great.

Quick Reply: Refinishing Wheels