Aluminum package?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:46 AM
sliver
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum package?

Hi!

I'm quite new in this forum and must start out with a big thank you. Great information which helped me a lot when I bought my 993 c2.

Anyway, back to my question. I'm about to sell my 993 c2 for a 993tt and I've found a nice object. But it has one option which I haven’t seen on any other of the objects. It's the "aluminium package", I did a search on the forum but didn't find any pictures of it. Can someone explain what the package actually contains? Here's a picture of the interior of the object:

Is the aluminum package - pedals, top of the gear stick and top of the handbrake?

Thanks for a great forum.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:54 AM
vrus
Racer

As far as I know the aluminum pedals are not part of the package.

I had the aluminum package on my 993tt and I had the parking brake handle and shifter handle. The pedals must be aftermarket.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Tom 993tt
Instructor

The factory did package together the aluminum dial faces with brushed steel inner trim rings, stainless steel threshold kickplates and the stainless steel exhaust tips. Additional options include the aluminum shift lever and emergency brake handle. There are also aftermarket imitations of these parts available. Looks at the option codes under the hood to see if the car came with these items.

I suspect the pedals are aftermarket parts.

Good luck!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:58 PM
sliver
7th Gear

Thanks for some quick replies! What's your opinion about the pedals? Except that I don't like them I have an opinion that they could cover up for some hidden mileage. Or maybe I’m just being paranoid, the service book and the history of the car should tell me more then a couple of after market pedals...

What about the steering wheel? Is that original, because I don't recognize it...
Old 01-18-2005, 01:12 PM
vrus
Racer

I personally like the pedals.

The steering wheel is definitely aftermarket and a common upgrade for alot of turbo owners.

I am one of the rare guys that actually likes the look of the stock wheel but I prefer the "thicker" Techart version with thumb grips.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

all the above is correct on the aluminum package.

The pedals are aftermarket, but it is a nice upgrade and many people here do it (im planning on adding these pedals myself). It is personal preference if u like the pedals.

That wheel is also a very nice upgrade as the stock wheel is too large. The wheel there is a Atiwee wheel which is offered by many tuners such as techart, ruf, gemballa,etc. I like the thicker wheel and the suede top is a nice touch.
What color is the color? what other options does it have?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The pedals are definitely aftermarket and may be Ruf with the rubber spikes. Please drive them for a few weeks before you make up you mind about them. I seriously doubt they were intended to hide anything, they are a common upgrade. I agree the wheel is Atiwee, but I think the air bag is stock 996 because of the stiching.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:14 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the pedals just bolted onto the exisiting rubber pad on the pedals or are those removed prior to adding the aluminum pedals? I just purchased a set from AJUSA and I am having a heck of a time removing the rubber pad from the brake pedal. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mkhn
Are the pedals just bolted onto the exisiting rubber pad on the pedals or are those removed prior to adding the aluminum pedals? I just purchased a set from AJUSA and I am having a heck of a time removing the rubber pad from the brake pedal. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
I just sent a set up from AJUSA last week to VB who was performing some other mods to my car. He too said they were tough to install though he was generous and only billed me for 1-1/2 hours. I know it took more.....Call him!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
MOD500
Racer

You lot are no good for my productivity!!! Here I am sat in the office trying to work and this comes up...so I get my trusty Techart catalogue out of my draw, and your Al kit is a Techart one.

A quick look round www.techart.de will help.

I have the Techart pedals in mine and they are excellent, especially for heeling and toeing.

Thanks

Martyn.

Quick Reply: Aluminum package?