Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin, thanks. I did not make it.
Marty, you da man!
Old 01-16-2005, 08:59 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Picked up my TT from VB yesterday and drove it down to Paso Robles for the night, and LA today via backroad twisties over to the I-5. Among other mods, I had him install the LWFW and clutch. It definitely has a different action from the previous stock unit. It engages quite a bit further out, when the pedal is almost all the way up. I don't find driving it to be any big deal, it's just different. You adapt to the new feeling, it might take a few tries just like driving a different car.

Now about the benefits. I can really tell how much faster it spools up. Whether just reving it up in neutral , or goosing it, it really does rev up quite a bit faster. I can also understand what FC said about inertia when shifting. That old addage about "what goes up fast, comes down fast" holds true for revs with the lighter flywheel. Again no big deal, you just have to adapt and perhaps shift a hair quicked, or hold up your revs a touch while engaging the clutch. I'm satisified with this particular mod and find it very worthwhile for around $ 2,700., about the same for a stock unit. BTW, although the stock clutch felt fine, I saw it and there was little materiual left on the disc 40k miles.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:29 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the thing to realise here is that there are different flavors of LWFW/Clutch setup. I think mine came from Andial, and it makes almost zero noise, the car never stalls and there are just no drivability issues.
Mine has been perfect as a daily driver/occaisional track tool.

Quick Reply: LW Flywheel....Any regrets???