Sponsored by:

Purchasing a 1997 993 turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 01:30 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Ed you can PM me also for your Sloan story. I havent bougth from RPM but I have heard nothing but
goodstories about him. LES!! how are you doing!!
Old 01-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Les Quam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been busy buying muscle cars. I have a website now and even got a Nevada dealers license. We have a 100% customer satisfaction index!

Although we have not actually ever sold a car.

The website promotes marital harmony in that it provides the appearance that I am trying to sell something. I am not sure if they will let me post the web address but here goes. If they take it off email me and I will send it to you.
www.lasvegasclassiccars.com The name of the dealership is Las Vegas Classic Cars. I am working out of a couple of warehouses until I can buy a building with a showroom or figure something else out. Essentially I have been trying to figure out a way to earn income doing something I love. As opposed to trudging off to work everyday doing something I don't enjoy but have to do.

My goal was to try to specialize in 1994 to 2004 911 turbo's. But lately the muscle car market has been so hot I got sidetracked. Than I fell in love with all the cars I bought for resale and haven't sold anything. I am trying to create a small dealership where I buy only top quality cars and do the research and sell people great cars without any stories or BS. But in truth that is what Ray Joseph is doing very well so I may stick to classic cars.

Let me know what you think of the website.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I had the pleasure, umm more accurately the dis-pleasure of meeting Richard Sloan at Hershey this year. He was selling a targa hacked to cab and turned into a widebody for what I thought was a high price. Several people made him offers through out the day that I saw. As he rejected each one he and his buddies would snicker and make tasteless comments about the people after he rejected their offers and they walked away. What really got me was the way they high five’d each other after rejecting the offers and making nasty comments.

For me to deal with this kind of guy the purchase would have to be so unbeatable that I would have been a fool to walk away. He has a lot of pictures of very nice cars on his website but he asks top top dollar and I’d sooner buy anywhere else if I could. I get the feeling this guy makes Daniel Schmitt look like a quality dealership.

Quick Reply: Purchasing a 1997 993 turbo S