RUF oil cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 04:06 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I didn't post the email address

undercutspr12@yahoo.com

Also regarding the availibility issue, I mean what ruf in germany has in stock not his "allocation" or anything like that. He also said that he wanted me to price out the Ruf in texas place specifically so that sounds great.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys -

I just got word from the "powers that be" that group buys need to be approved by John D. I would suggest someone talk to him before this goes much further on the forum.

I already have an order placed with Ruf-dallas so I'm out of this for now. BTW - I don't think that's very kosher of Weissach to find out about all this demand that Ruf-dallas has created and then try to steal the business by undercutting them. Why don't they just price the stuff competitively up front?

Greg H.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:47 PM
SPR
Drifting

I assume you are referring to me with my weisach order? I have no affilation with them other than I placed an order for the cooler, and people have given their desire to do a group buy. I don't see why there is a problem with a group buy with weisach. Further, Andrew at weisach told me the entire process of how they have gone about it in the past on rennlist. I don't see a problem either way. I simply felt that since I was already ordering one and others expressed the interest that I might be about to get mine for a little less .
Old 01-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR
I assume you are referring to me with my weisach order? I have no affilation with them other than I placed an order for the cooler, and people have given their desire to do a group buy. I don't see why there is a problem with a group buy with weisach. Further, Andrew at weisach told me the entire process of how they have gone about it in the past on rennlist. I don't see a problem either way. I simply felt that since I was already ordering one and others expressed the interest that I might be about to get mine for a little less
Sean, it's not a problem. It's just that John has had a *rule* all along and he wants to make sure that he is aware of the group buys that are going on. I've already informed him of this group buy with Weissach.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:05 PM
SPR
Drifting

Cool thanks as always Viken.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg H.
BTW - I don't think that's very kosher of Weissach to find out about all this demand that Ruf-dallas has created and then try to steal the business by undercutting them. Why don't they just price the stuff competitively up front?
It's not Kosher? How can anyone be competitive in the first place without knowing the competition's price? Also, did RUF Dallas *create* the demand or did one of you start it as a group buy? Please don't make it sound like one company started a job and the other is stealing it from them. Whatever happened is your (the Rennlist users) responsibility. Besides, I would much rather see the business go to a Rennlist sponsor. They are largely responsible for keeping this site up.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I re-read the thread and I suppose everything is Kosher (except my attempt to obtain a group discount from a non-sponsor).

However, I do think a business should be a bit more proactive in their pricing strategy than reacting to an internet discussion forum.

Greg H.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:31 PM
SPR
Drifting

Hey guys we have 5 including myself so far that are in for the group buy, anyone else interested? I will call Andrew on Monday if he doesn't first to get the specifics. -
Old 01-08-2005, 01:03 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

SPR,

If you promise not to mention my interest to my wife, I could be interested, depending upon the price that gets negotiated. You can email to me directly at ca993twin@yahoo.com. Thanks for putting this together.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:37 PM
SPR
Drifting

I promise not to mention it to your wife. I will post what the deal is when I get ahold of Andrew on monday and will count you in as a possible.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:44 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also a strong maybe depending on cost...
Old 01-09-2005, 07:49 PM
SPR
Drifting

alright I will put you down as a possibility as well thanks.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 201 Posts

SPR,

Ok - count me in to0! - Again depends on price - cause i will have to ship it all the way here.......

Thanks
Simon
Old 01-09-2005, 10:36 PM
SPR
Drifting

Alright we have 5 definites including myself and 3 maybies depending on pricing-
Old 01-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Den
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RUF people are finally back to work after the holidays. We should be hearing soon from Wayne at RUF Dallas.

Quick Reply: RUF oil cooler?