993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not so new owner finally posting pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004 | 09:02 PM
EThec
Racer

Default Not so new owner finally posting pics!!

Hello!

I've posted a few times, asked a few questions and gotten a lot of good feed back. To show my thanks I wanted to share a few pics with you all..... pics I know you all crave all the time. It seems the apetite for pics is insatiable. I sold a 330ci and bought her out of Texas back in early July with 35k miles and drove her home here to LA. The first day I drove from San Antonio to Phoenix non-stop. Some 900 miles or so. Talk about getting acquainted. This was practically going all the way on the first date!! SHe ran perfect the whole way homme. I've been enjoying her continuously, lust after her every time I see her and drove her 3-4 times a week. I love her. Anyhow, looking forward to meeting some of you along the way and thanks again!

-E
Attached Images     
Old 12-09-2004 | 09:09 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great looking machine. Best of luck.
Old 12-09-2004 | 09:35 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

EThec,

If your around the West side of LA you shoul djoin us Sunday morning for the Toys for Tots run through Malibu to Calabasas. There'll be several TT's and other exotics along with a contingent of NA 993's. There's a ongoing link on the 993 board....
JRG
Old 12-09-2004 | 10:59 PM
Cliff Leve
Instructor

Sweet! Paint looks flawless! enjoy it.
Old 12-09-2004 | 11:05 PM
EThec
Racer

JRG

Sounds like fun, but going to Mammoth for the weekend. 2 feet of new snow..... at last it time to snowboard
Old 12-10-2004 | 12:02 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Ethec,

Nice!!!

I found my TT in Chicago and drove from Chicago to Amarillo, TX the first day. Basically Chicago to L.A. in two days and would do it again in a heartbeat. You'll have to join us for the next run. This will be my first time and looking forward to it.
Old 12-10-2004 | 12:07 AM
rinlv1
Rennlist Member

Dang...

Why is it that other ppl's car always look better than mine??

great looking car.......
Old 12-10-2004 | 01:18 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by EThec
JRG

Sounds like fun, but going to Mammoth for the weekend. 2 feet of new snow..... at last it time to snowboard
Don't blame you. I was there Thanksgiving and it snowed a lot.
I do want to warn you that the CHP is shooting radar on 395 more than I've ever noticed before. Everything from opposite side shots, to lying in ditches on the side of the road. Budget cuts must be cutting into their retirement pensions...My V-1 probably really saved us 3 times!
JRG
Old 12-10-2004 | 02:22 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Black beauty indeed.......Is the car original paint?
Hope you waved on your pass through albuquerque on I-40 west, I'm sure you had a big s**t eating grin on your face.......
Good luck with her, hope she brings years of s**t eating grins......
Old 12-10-2004 | 07:57 AM
Rassel
Drifting

OMG!

What a nice car! That thing looks so mean! Noticed you changed your steering wheel to something that looks a bit like RUF. Any other plans for modifications?

Cheers
Old 12-10-2004 | 10:14 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Just beautiful!
Old 12-10-2004 | 12:23 PM
harryb
Advanced

Wow....gorgeous.....but what is that above the heater/ac controls??
Old 12-10-2004 | 12:32 PM
EThec
Racer

Tony,
That's the way to do it. If there are any major issues with the car, I figured I find out right away. I'd do it again too. Have fun on the run. I'm looking forward to getting out there myself.

JRG,
Thanks for the heads up. I can't believe it. I'm taking my Range Rover up and left the V1 in the TT! Doh! I'll watch out though. Are they still allowing 80mph? LAst time I got a ticket I was doing 85 and the CHP officer told me they pretty much allow 80, anything over that and they have to pull you over.

Rassel,
I've done the wheel, same make as the RUF wheel (Atewi?) from AJUSA, Fabspeed muffler bypasses sounds so sweet!, M030 springs and Bilstein HD's, front protection bar, and clear corners on the front. HAve some EVO diverter valves, just have to get around to putting them on, DIY. ANyone have any tips on this? I've done a search so I have a pretty good idea.

Thanks everyone. These cars really are incredible machines.
Old 12-10-2004 | 12:39 PM
EThec
Racer

Oh, no other immediate plans. Car has plenty of power for me right now. MAybe some Cargraphic or Kinesis wheels in the future and a short shifter, though I can't seem to find one anywhere. Anyone know where to get on? In the mean time just put on some new SO3's. They feel great.

Above the heater/ac controls? ............. a king of clubs I found on the sidewalk. i think it's good luck so I just stuck it there for now
Old 12-10-2004 | 04:08 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by EThec
JRG,
Thanks for the heads up. I can't believe it. I'm taking my Range Rover up and left the V1 in the TT! Doh! I'll watch out though. Are they still allowing 80mph? LAst time I got a ticket I was doing 85 and the CHP officer told me they pretty much allow 80, anything over that and they have to pull you over.
Well it's noon Calif. time so by now I would imagine you'd know if 80 is safe or not. By the waay they were hunting "Rat Pack" style over Thanksgiving I would surrest 72 or so. One trailed me for miles on cruise at 70 and I was sure he was going to pull the trigger but he finally nailed some dumb-*** who passed us while smoking and talking on her cell. BTW she was in a RR!
Have a great time up there...
JRG

Quick Reply: Not so new owner finally posting pics!!