Sponsored by:

New member with a question already!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004 | 02:42 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aayoung
Tripp,

I look forward to seeing your TT as well..... I bet you can't wait until Tuesday.
You know it, I still haven't heard from the driver yet but they we coming up from Tuson Az. and should be on time.
Weather bites here, cold and snow so off the truck and in the garage until it clears up...Ummm, might give me time to get 4 or 5 coats of wax on her...
Tripp
Old 12-04-2004 | 12:50 AM
ST
Advanced

Hey Guys,
I am from Malaysia and I have just bought a 95 993 TT, Silver and with sports seats. It's done about 20,000 miles. It is still in the workshop waiting to have the viscous coupling, flywheel, clutch and turbo hoses replaced. The clutch and flywheel items were found to be wanting after I had bought the car. The front lower suspension arms and steering rack have been replaced as was the front bumper. It had been in an accident (appears to have been driven into and over a kerb) but the chassis is intact. Still I had factored in most of the the costs in the purchase price. Plus a couple of other minor items. The suspension has been checked and feels okay. Should be ready in another week and i can't wait to drive it!!
I would appreciate advice from any of you on any items that need to be looked at again, now that the car's been practically taken apart.
I had tried a friend's Tt before buying this car and had been on the hunt for about a year now. Had a 993 C2 and 964 C2 before this car and it keeps getting better!
Thanks guys and keep it up.
ST

Reading this chat line, I wish to say how helpful, supportive and friendly you all are and that it is a pleasure just "feeling" how much you guys are enjoying it.
Old 12-04-2004 | 02:40 PM
Rassel
Drifting

ST, nice to hear!
Please post about your purchase in a new thread, so we dont steal this one!
We got plenty of questions about your new baby
Old 12-04-2004 | 05:29 PM
Woodster
Drifting

while the engine is out have them replace the power steering belt, spark
plugs, and put some billet diverter valves on it as well. My engine is out
currently and the spark plugs and ps belt seemed like a no brainer. this
rennlist will be an amazing info source for you. good luck!
Old 12-04-2004 | 05:41 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

ST,

If it were me (and it soon will be), I'd replace the flywheel and clutch with the lightweight, heavy duty units (RS kit?). See the xmas specials being offerred by ViperBob/Devik on the 993 forum. Good luck with your new purchase.
Old 12-05-2004 | 12:09 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Default 993TT Cover

Originally Posted by: Rassel

The cover is from Porsche Tequipment and is made for the 993TT. It says 993 Turbo on it and fits like a glove. I can see if I can dig up the part number for you.
Rassel,

You have a PM, thanks
Old 12-06-2004 | 03:52 AM
ST
Advanced

Marty,Steve,
The spark plugs are going in n I was on the phone asking about the steering belt. Looks like it had been done when the new steering rack went in.
Steve, wish I'd got to you earlier with my query...I'd just picked up the flywheel on Sun afternoon cos a friend visiting from London was kind enough to bring it in as part of his luggage...there's always a next time.
Thanks for the advice guys.
And Rassel, I will do a new line as suggested.
Old 12-08-2004 | 09:04 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Tony,
Partnumber for cover is 000.043.303.13
I only had the camera on my phone available, so sorry for the bad quality on the pictures.
Old 12-09-2004 | 12:51 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome, Mark. This forum is a fabulous resource, I agree!

Your car sounds stunning. Echoing the comments of others, post pics!!

Quick Reply: New member with a question already!