993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004 | 05:32 AM
Tour18
Banned

If you are going to drive it, and it passes the PPI, then go for it...
Old 10-13-2004 | 02:39 PM
d.s.d
Intermediate

the color of the car is SOOOOO nice i LOVE red...my next car will be silver or WHITe on cancan RED :0
Old 10-21-2004 | 09:02 PM
Sammamish
Advanced

What do you think is the right price for this car? It's on EBay now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=10156

Also how does this one compare to one at Motor Car Gallery? http://www.themotorcargallery.com/profile.cfm?sn=A2303
This car seems to be in better condition but I heard it had 5 owners.
Old 10-21-2004 | 09:12 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I paint out the stone chips on my car every coupla years. I guess I de-value the car.
On the other hand, my car looks great. Works for me
I'm gonna use the next time as an excuse to narrow-bumper-GT2 it.
(The stone guard is doing too good of a job though, so it might be a while.)
Old 10-22-2004 | 08:29 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Eddie C - what happened with this car? i assume u didnt buy it? fill us in.

I personally think this car is a better color combo than the 97 artic/boxsterred that is mentioned above, but for some people, a 97 is always more desirable.
Boxster red is a correl-orange-red which does not appeal to me as much. FlemencoRed is a rasberry (blueish tint) red that looks great against the polar silver. I wouldnt be turned off my 5 owners, seems they didt drive it much, i think i remember the 97 was in NJ for sale about 2 yrs ago, i saw it, it was in good shape, perhaps people just bought it and really didnt drive it and then got tired of it.
Old 10-22-2004 | 10:30 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Rob - You are right, I did not buy that car. It sold on ebay and I had called the owner to see if the sale went through. He took my name and number. A couple days later he called and said the deal had fallen through. Only problem was that I had purchased a 356 the previous day. It, by the way, is silver and red. It would have been pretty cool to have the same color with both cars so I considered buying it anyway. He sent me the photos, I put them up on this site and got some good help with my decision. There was, however, one other issue. The guy that I bought the 356 from has a second real nice car that he wanted to sell as well. I actually like that car betterthan the one I discussed here. So...I called the owner of the silver TT and told him I would no longer be interested. The car has been relisted on ebay if you are interested and the seller (a guy named Tom) is very helpful if anyone is interested.

Also, I agree with you Rob. The Flemenco Red is nice. It seems to me that the Boxster Red fights itself a bit when both the carpet and the leather are both Boxster Red. Boxster Red seems to be a signature color for Porsche but I do like it better with black carpet.
Old 10-22-2004 | 11:25 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

to be honest, id go crazy with boxster red .. to me its almost orange... not my thing... perhaps in a roadster like the boxster it is ok.

Eddie , What it the other car that your seller has that you like better?

Quick Reply: I need your opinion