993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

selling my 993 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004 | 03:17 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

Hey Bob I sent you a PM, Did you check your box? Please send me an answer.

Regards
Old 09-13-2004 | 01:37 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I dont think he will have a problem selling it at all. I dont know that many TT owners on here or that I have met that want to stay stock. In fact Scott Bradford on this list said if he was going to get a TT (which he is comptemplating) he would buy a car that is sorted out already. It is the way to go for an educated buyer. Even if you get a TT that has only 30k miles the supsension is gone and 400hp is easy to get use to. I dont know of a car that takes to mods as well at the 993 TT. If I was to do it all over again this would be the type of car I would look for now that I know the car.
Old 09-13-2004 | 03:46 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

The key word would be "sorted". Unless a modded car has a legit Andial sticker on the intercooler it could very likely have problems. Most buyers with over $60K to spend on a 10 year old car would prefer to do their own mods. They might accept a modded car, but will not pay extra for it.
Old 09-13-2004 | 04:24 PM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by 911/Q45
The key word would be "sorted". Unless a modded car has a legit Andial sticker on the intercooler it could very likely have problems. Most buyers with over $60K to spend on a 10 year old car would prefer to do their own mods. They might accept a modded car, but will not pay extra for it.
Mine does not have Andial on the IC, Ugoo. big trouble coming! . Will RUF do?

$60k will be WAY short for a 993tt+mods, IMHO.

CP
Old 09-13-2004 | 05:22 PM
tjnif993t
Instructor

Do you really believe a car has to say "andial" for it to be sorted??? There are MANY capable shops throughout the world that can perform these mods. Its not rocket science. Also 76000 miles is NOT alot of miles for an 8 year old car.........
Old 09-13-2004 | 05:43 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Aw man. Most of the crap on my car says FVD on it. I had no idea I had a lemon. Oh no wait, my IC is Andial, does that count?
Old 09-13-2004 | 05:54 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks to ViperBob and people like Kevin most everyone here knows the correct meaning of "sorted"
and we dont need a sticker. I know for a fact that if I could have got a car with a PSS9
suspension I would have- that way I would have paid still close to what I paid for it instead of
proabably close to $5000 now for a PSS9 upgrade. Most guys here know the proper trail to follow,
thanks to Bob and Kevin. We dont need no stinking sticker. No sticker is gonna mean sorted either! Some people like to put thier car in their living room and look at it, most of the rest of us like to drive ours. Luckily we have very knowledgeable and helpful guys like Viper Bob to help us along. And CP had RUF and HAS Viper Bob to help!
Old 09-13-2004 | 06:53 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

All of us here already have our tts and many are modded. We all would like to believe that buyers will act as you describe, but that hasn't proven to be the case 95% of the time. Notice I said "legit" Andial sticker. Many shops build great modded tts, but the buyers with money to spend will not pay extra for them. No matter how much we want to believe it.
Old 09-13-2004 | 08:28 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Remember that old saying, "mod the car for your own pleasure and not for any expected return on investment"

People think a stock car is "unmolested". However, we all know of stock cars that were subjected to hot shutdowns, or still have the original tires because they only have 12,000 miles on them. Be that as it may, from a car collector perspective, people want a stock car.

Hopefully, we are not car collectors as Old Guy says, but enthusiastic drivers of wonderful cars which adapt easily to awesome modifications which personalize our rides and make them more enjoyable to us.

If you bought your car for an investment, this is the wrong place for you. Keep your car in a bubble in your living room and your grandkids may make a few bucks on it.

I will now step down from my soapbox!
Old 09-14-2004 | 03:28 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

This would be a perfect car for a person like myself. I know what I want and understand the modifications so it would just save me from doing it and I'd get a discount on the parts. In addition, it's too bad this offer isn't in the future as I'd like to pick up another twinner for hillclimb/track use and really mod the heck out of that one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Quick Reply: selling my 993 turbo