Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where is recirc air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004 | 02:18 AM
phys11
3rd Gear

Default where is recirc air intake?

Sooooooo, i'm still having problems with recirc air. When i depress the cabin recirculation button on the climate control unit, the fresh air intake closes as it should, but no air gets to the blower motors, suggesting (to me) that there is some restriction at the recirculation air intake in the cabin. Anyone know where it is? I've even looked at AllData schematics, and they are woefully inadequate when it comes to the recirculation airflow. thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2004 | 06:40 PM
gooseNSJ4
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have read your previous posts on that issue and you still having problem!. Have you tried taking you car to Porsche dealer to have looked at. A few dollars spent might correct the problem fast.

Old 07-27-2004 | 11:42 PM
phys11
3rd Gear

thanks goose, i figured it out. the recirc air intake is behind the climate control unit. there is a little vacuum solenoid there that opens the intake flap. it wasn't getting any vacuum since the vacuum line from the engine had become disconnected from it's control valve. took me 3 days to trace the problem. a dealer would have taken 15 minutes.

i've been ripped off by too many dealer mechanics so i try to do as much as i can. that's a whole 'nother story!
Old 07-28-2004 | 12:27 AM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

When I was a kid, I worked on my own because I couldn't afford to pay someone. Now I do it because I can't trust anyone to do it right. Good job tracking it down!

Quick Reply: where is recirc air intake?