Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one know of any TTs for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 02:09 AM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess I need to step up to the plate here. I have a deposit on one too, so its another one to take off the list. 96tt blk/blk w/20k in mileage. I posted a few details earlyer this month in regards to certain ?. I'm not going to be available to receive the car until Aug. 9t.

I will post some pix asap. Maybe someone has some ideas about how to modify the cellular phone option this thing has. Its a whole factory unit, have never seen one in a car before and I'm waiting to look at it in person to see if I like it.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:58 PM
nomercy
Intermediate

My buddy has a Guards Red 97 Turbo S with about 7800 miles on the clock. If your interested I'll put you in contact with him.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:45 PM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

White car, black int, 25K miles, $72K.

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval
Old 08-06-2004, 12:22 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg H.
If anyone knows of a white/black TT for sale - besides the one in Malibu - please let me know. ....
Hey Greg..!

Actually - as I write this - there is a post about another 993TT in Malibu:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/150370-97-tt-white-black-for-sale.html

I'm pretty sure you might be referring to another white/black 993TT in Malibu, as I was assured in private last evening by Mike (the one listed for sale in the Rennlist Classifieds and in the post in this Forum) that his is NOT "the" 993TT which had seen some competitive events from the previous owners. A number of Rennlisters contacted me asking if I'd confirm it was a different car, as they were interested as well in Mike's car - so I did that last night.

Anyway - which 993TT Malibu are you not interested in? If you don't want to say publicly - feel free to PM me or pop me an e-mail, OK?

Hope this helps - and best to you!

John
Old 08-06-2004, 02:30 PM
John D.
Banned

Wow – after a bunch of PMs from both this thread and the other thread I referred to – let me do a “group reply” (I get a LOT of e-mail and PM’s )…

Here is the “other” Malibu 993TT that some folks might be confusing this with:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/107347-looking-at-a-tt-any-thoughts-about-it-s-history.html

As you can read – it’s been in several competitive events, and after this thread was posted, I believe was entered in a “Pony Express”, but according to the results from that event, had a “DNF”.

Now – the 993TT that is listed in these Forums and in the Rennlist Classifieds, is the one Mike has previously assured me is absolutely not the same. If you don’t believe it – it should be pretty easy to determine for yourself or your mechanic! Any inspection would show holes in the floor pan where a roll cage might have been bolted in, or if the fire suppression system went into the engine compartment and or dent/wheel repair, or where the fuel cell was originally mounted in the trunk? These are listed in that original thread – as well as some of the previous owners – some of whom are still on Rennlist (not all, one tried to “bend the truth” – and was since “placed on vacation” from Rennlist).

While I haven’t bothered contacting any of the previous owners yet – based on Mike’s e-mail and assurances, I’m sure that they’ll vouch that “that” 993TT and “this” 993TT are different, including previous owners…

Hope this helps – and sorry for the group reply! Now I have to get back to my real job!!!!

(I’ll also post this in Mike’s thread for sale – in case you PMed me from that one).

John D.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:21 PM
John D.
Banned

I'll reply to my own post with this:

Please note:

The Rennlist ad that has been posted by Mr. Michael Klein in Malibu has been deleted and “malibumk” is banned from Rennlist. And further - this thread is closed.

For those of you who may wish to purchase a 993TT, as always - please check the car thoroughly for previous “undisclosed” modifications, have a PPI conducted by a trusted and reputable mechanic, insist on speaking to the Previous Owners who may be tracked through the VIN/Carfax – and always, be certain it is “as represented”.

And if this "993TT" is advertised elsewhere in the same "condition"? Feel free to post it up on Rennlist with a "caution" note to any Rennlister. If/when that happens - let me know - I'd be delighted to add my $0.0002, as would a number of other folks.

This thread is now closed.

Quick Reply: Any one know of any TTs for sale.