Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bentley downersgrove..any experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 01:32 PM
evdean
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bentley downersgrove..any experiences?

a buddy of mine is looking at a 99 c4 from bentley downers grove in IL. looking for any feed back on these guys. also looking for a reputable place for ppi near downers grove IL

thanks
Old 06-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Aaronr
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

*** also known as Luxury Motors (same dealer)****

prices great- service is possibly the worst ever.

I have bought 2 cars from them Ricky Ghaben, (the owner's nephew) is my salesman. He acts like my friend when I call.

My first experience was good, nice deal, great car no probems. It was missing an air pump for the inflatable spare . Every week for 6 months they said they just sent it out to me. Finally I pretended to want to trade for another like car and took the pump while he was there.Yes, he let me.

2nd car is an 01 M3. It was missing the Nav Cd and a fog light was cracked. They wrote me a we owe you and said the stuff was in the mail for the last 9 months. Now when he sees my caller id he does not pick up. If I call from another number he says I fooled him, like it's funny. It's $200.00 worth of stuff.

$100,000 worth of cars in one year I bought from him and he acts like it is a joke. Every time I go in, the excuses change. What if it would have been a bad car???

Never again, they don't get any slimier!

PS- for a ppi Westmont Porsche is on the same street, but the 2 dealers dispise each other so that may not be a great idea.

Last edited by Aaronr; 06-09-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:31 PM
bpu699

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 996 from them, a 1999, black, with aeroskirt and tail, nice options Asking price was 44k (advertised on the net fo 41k, which I didn't know). It was an interesting transaction:

I Offered 40k, and they countered, at 43k or so...
"Well, I got this guy on the phone. Wants to pay OVER the asking price."
-"Well, he can have it..."
"He changed his mind, you still want it?

I looked at the car, and some of the front panels didn't line up.

-"Ever been in an accident?"
"Nope. we don't buy cars with accidents, has a clean carfax..."

We proceeded to take the car on a lift, where I noticed some of the rear bumper screws were missing. They finally showed me the carfax - it WAS IN TWO ACCIDENTS - FRONT AND REAR...

I still offered to buy the car for mid thirties, assuming I could get a ppi. They ok'd this. PPI was horrible - too many problems to list. To their credit they DID take the car back with no fuss, but I had them put in WRITING that I could return the car if the ppi sucked.

So, mixed experiences. I miss that car, and I only had it for 2 days...

Oh well...
Old 06-15-2004, 05:46 PM
jonas12
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother bought a 996 from them as a North American vehicle with full Porrsche NA warranty.

Several weeks later he had it at Napleton in Tinley Park where the Porsche rep told him it was a European import and hence not an unofficial NA vehicle. As a grey import it was worth 15% approx less at least than the equivalent used NA vehicle.

Following a long wrangle with "the Camel Traders on Ogden Avenue" they finally gave him his money back but not before throwing the ignition keys at him across the showroom floor accompanied by several choice expletives.

You have been warned!!

Quick Reply: bentley downersgrove..any experiences?