Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT story

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004 | 05:09 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

jmcd33,

Best of luck to you. I looked at a TT (not the same car as yours), at that dealer for another rennlister and I saw a few scary things. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-11-2004 | 06:03 PM
SLVR
Pro

Doug - I sincerely hope it works out some way. My post was aimed at the fact that I feel this board often (way) overestimates the value of a PPI (I personally think they are of little value, much more can be learned from talking to the POs and the shops that serviced it) and puts too little emphasis on the Sherlock Holmes part of the hunt. Small telltale things will tell you a lot about the car, including the POs home setting.

I am not recommending dropping PPIs, but note that they are just a small part of the story.
Old 06-11-2004 | 07:13 PM
hatchy
Racer

I have to agree with you; and nothing beats test driving the car with someone who owns one. They'd have a better idea of sounds or feels normal and what doesn't.
Old 06-12-2004 | 04:51 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

In big metro areas like Phoenix, there should be a good independent Porsche shop that could do the PPI for you. When you count on a dealer to find fault with another dealer's car, I think a lot of them are going to protect their brethren. For Ferrari's it's much more difficult. There are not as many independents around and if the car you're looking at is at a dealer, you're options are limited.

Quick Reply: TT story