Sponsored by:

Is it worth building a 993 gt2 with all original parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2023 | 10:46 PM
kabsncoupe
Banned

Default Very light

Originally Posted by JB 911
Are you guys for certain the doors are aluminum? I had the good fortune to see one up close and open shut doors etc. I would have bet carbon fibre. The door weighed nothing to move it required the same effort to move the cabinet door in your kitchen. There is a couple of versions we have, aluminum skin with steel guts then the aluminum with hollow carbon fiber inner. We also have some that came from a real 993 gt2 unopened yet. The aluminum hood there’s 3 versions of, with opening for fuel fill, aluminum with 4 pins, 2 front pins and the metal stand, no struts. 3 factory tails that are very heavy and never been on a car. 2 carbon fiber ones that adjust the wing angle. So much stuff it probably take me a year to sort. As of no the investor want to hoard left over parts. I’m lucky to find me a set of litronics that I hope the ballast are good but they are nos in box. This is nothing to what we look in California but man 2 millón bucks is still ring my bell. A local Florida team or ex team went there and look at everything then they offer under a mil, the seller was upset but it was an attempt to buy cheap.

sweet lord that’s a beauty….👌🍀
Old 09-07-2023 | 10:51 PM
kabsncoupe
Banned

Default 95 engine case

Originally Posted by C4Spolar
What are we talking about here? The key word is STREET 993 GT2 issued from the factory at 50 example a year from 1995 to 1998, they're all based from the 993 turbo cars engine and 993 C2S wide body tubs with different Motronic 5.2 ECU's and turbo's. your pictures of the transmission shown are either from an 993 EVO, R1 or RSR, they all had the cooler mech pump and external main shaft oiling.

You are mixing GT2 parts up and yes all 993 RSR's and racing GT2's had 964 crankshaft with the heavy harmonic damper pulley and so on.

Good for you if you have all the parts to build yourself an EVO or an R1 and yes I'm talking about the inner plastic covers specific to the street GT2, you couldn't fit them on an EVO or R1 because the car sat too low and the wheels hit them. Again I'm talking about the STREET 993 GT2.

Also the reason the factory use the 964 crankshaft in the 993 RSR and GT2 EVO was a bigger rod journal on the 964 crank and 9mm rods bolts versus a smaller journal and 8mm bolts on the 993 crankshaft, also be reminded all 911 crankshaft are forged, never seen a cast Porsche crankshaft.
my friend up north purchased a engine from Albert in Germany , it was a spare from race team, for what I understand was a 94 993 type euro engine. In Europe the 993 came early so they use single plug heads converted to dual and 964 case, 964 flange cut balance crankshaft.
Old 09-08-2023 | 12:24 AM
C4Spolar
Racer

Originally Posted by JB 911
Are you guys for certain the doors are aluminum? I had the good fortune to see one up close and open shut doors etc. I would have bet carbon fibre. The door weighed nothing to move it required the same effort to move the cabinet door in your kitchen.

993 GT2's came in different version, the street GT2 and club sport came with aluminum doors and aluminum hood because it's not legal to run carbon doors on the street, the GT2 EVO and R1 came with kevlar/carbon doors/hood and some body panels for racing ONLY.

This is why I asked the question at the beginning of this tread which 993 GT2 are we talking about?????

This is a complete waist of time and effort to folks who are dreaming building a GT2 without the idea or knowledge of which GT2 model to build and all models are listed in the big book of parts along with the variants except for the street model, that's a different book.
The following users liked this post:
kabsncoupe (09-08-2023)
Old 09-08-2023 | 01:47 AM
kabsncoupe
Banned

Default I’ll definitely will know once all parts are sorted out

993 GT2's came in different version, the street GT2 and club sport came with aluminum doors and aluminum hood because it's not legal to run carbon doors on the street, the GT2 EVO and R1 came with kevlar/carbon doors/hood and some body panels for racing ONLY.

This is why I asked the question at the beginning of this tread which 993 GT2 are we talking about?????

This is a complete waist of time and effort to folks who are dreaming building a GT2 without the idea or knowledge of which GT2 model to build and all models are listed in the big book of parts along with the variants except for the street model, that's a different book.
. For sure once we lay it out , then will see wich direction we go. My friend have more parts in Washington state that , have to go get.. my idea always been to build the street version. Both bodies are usa tittle. At the moment I’m overwhelmed sorting plus I’d all that he purchase.
Old 09-08-2023 | 09:05 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by budge96
Wait maybe I understand better now , you want info as to how to best achieve the result of a GT2 Street ? Oh Ok I thought you were berating or denigrating those who had succeeded in completing the task ..LOL
Anynquestions fire away but those plastic trans buffers were meant more for the Cup car chassis I believe , GT had more RS or solid RSR mounts ..
I have a RS Cup tribute as well so I’ll have to think back in the assembly which car got what LOL ,Bert
Lol. Everyone thinking the same except OP
Old 09-08-2023 | 02:49 PM
kabsncoupe
Banned

Default Speaking for every member is a huge responsibility

Originally Posted by chsu74
Lol. Everyone thinking the same except OP
. Care to elaborate, if you are the voice of rennlist please by all means let your voice heard. Bring your complaint to a broad orient.
Old 09-08-2023 | 02:54 PM
kabsncoupe
Banned

Default We have about 15 motorsports of parts n variations in hand.

To make it clear, I believe this platform was good place to share what we are doing and wich parts we choose. Once that’s done, then we decide wich build suit us better. Did I missed a clue with you. ????
Old 09-08-2023 | 04:31 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kabsncoupe
. For sure once we lay it out , then will see wich direction we go. My friend have more parts in Washington state that , have to go get.. my idea always been to build the street version. Both bodies are usa tittle. At the moment I’m overwhelmed sorting plus I’d all that he purchase.
Ok I see better what your idea is here sometimes over the inter webs the intent is difficult to discern , sounds like a great project . Once you have a good portion of the parts you plan to use you can determine which level spec you can build to wether GT2 street , GT 2 Club Sport , GT2 race , or EVO .

Im sure we will all be looking forward too your progress thanks Bert
kabsncoupe (09-08-2023)
Old 09-08-2023 | 05:25 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

. Care to elaborate, if you are the voice of rennlist please by all means let your voice heard. Bring your complaint to a broad orient.
Who is complaining? Just entertaining to see someone crap on other’s faux gt2 while building their own.
Old 09-08-2023 | 05:43 PM
kabsncoupe
Banned

Default Though crowd.

Who is complaining? Just entertaining to see someone crap on other’s faux gt2 while building their own.
. Maybe you should look at my project in you tube. I see why everyone is running away from here. If I’m going to get that kind of feed back then is best to get paid. I was wondering why all the stay away from here emails I get every day. Now I understand. Bye.
Old 09-08-2023 | 06:05 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

. Maybe you should look at my project in you tube. I see why everyone is running away from here. If I’m going to get that kind of feed back then is best to get paid. I was wondering why all the stay away from here emails I get every day. Now I understand. Bye.
Why? This Frankenstein creation of yours will never be what you try to claim it to be no matter how much money you throw at it with wrecked GT2 parts. At least other people are honest with what they have.
Old 09-08-2023 | 06:38 PM
kabsncoupe
Banned

Default Now that’s sad. But meet Mr. Franky #1 and there’s a few more in the shop

Why? This Frankenstein creation of yours will never be what you try to claim it to be no matter how much money you throw at it with wrecked GT2 parts. At least other people are honest with what they have.
. Pretty sad that this just turn into a rennhate is worse than common cold. The first day you get fever n couch then you start to violently shake till the envy fever at time of reality hits you , tears come to sob your pillow as you never ever will have one.

You see what I see, I was saving this for later but you shot first

Here’s franky

I’m sure the real gt2 racers here will respect because they know what you don’t know, I quote biggie smalls” if you don’t , know now-you know “

Last edited by kabsncoupe; 09-08-2023 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Forgot the end
Old 09-08-2023 | 07:13 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

You finally got something right. I will never own a fake GT2.

. Pretty sad that this just turn into a rennhate is worse than common cold. The first day you get fever n couch then you start to violently shake till the envy fever at time of reality hits you , tears come to sob your pillow as you never ever will have one.

You see what I see, I was saving this for later but you shot first

Here’s franky

I’m sure the real gt2 racers here will respect because they know what you don’t know
C4Spolar (09-09-2023)
Old 09-11-2023 | 08:45 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Jersey looks like you been swimming in jersey shore medical waste infected water or a speech impediment……🥸
Jersey comments?...come on you have Florida on your bio...you're definetly overreaching
budge96 (09-12-2023)
Old 09-11-2023 | 08:51 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

From your previous comments, it reads as if you're putting those down who choose to modify or enhance their cars. Then it also reads as if you're interested in modifying one yourself. Which lane are you in?
budge96 (09-12-2023)

Quick Reply: Is it worth building a 993 gt2 with all original parts