Sponsored by:

ECU information

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Corte Loco
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ECU information

I have a Thielert ECU for 993tt and need someone who has all hte information on it. The ecu start the car(immo dissable) but at 4000 rpms it falls the power, looks like itīs for high modified engines or so... have no idea. The Porsche hammer does not read this ecu so I need someone who has the program or knows about it. I really appreciate if any of you guys can help me. I called the company in Germany and the answer after sent several emails was: "thatīs for and old car and we donīt have any time to talk with you". The ecu has a 9 pin connector on one side like Haltech or similar. The information on the ecu is:

Thielert
Motoren und Fahrwerstechnik
EFI Technology
Porsche Turbo
TH38/K1/11/98

Any help really appreciated
Old 05-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The Thielert ECUs were found in the 993RSRs and possibly some GT2s of that era. It is programmed via a 9pin serial cable with a laptop computer. I'm not sure it was ever a very successful ECU which is one of the reasons PMNA continued with Bosch Motorsports ECUs or Tag Electronics.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:42 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankīs for the info Geoffrey, very helpful. Iīm also interested if that ecu work on 993tt cars if I can get the program for my lap top. I someone has it and wants to share or sell the program Iīm very interested.

Regards

Quick Reply: ECU information