Sponsored by:

Crazy issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 09:11 AM
MerlinTech
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy issue

I am working on a 1996 993 Turbo that just came to me after a complete repaint, full interior redo, & seat swap. I installed big brakes and different wheels and was asked by the owner to sort any issues found.
Here is the crazy part. It has a "Turbo" gauge in the second gauge from the left, right side of the gauge. In the non turbo manual I found, the "Turbo" is oil pressure. On this car I am working on, The "Turbo" gauge is reading oil pressure and my thinking is that this may be an NA car with an added turbo engine but the wiring is still NA even though the gauges might have been changed. Any help with wiring diagram or a better explanation would be great. Also, can I "decode" the VIN and determine if this car was NA? Do engine number allow one to determine there year model?
The dash wires appear factory with no obvious reworking.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:42 AM
MerlinTech
4th Gear

I have found a VIN decoder and it is a USA, Turbo car. Now I just need to figure out why the gauge is reading wrong.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:39 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

? The boost gauge on the stock turbo is the changeable digital gauge
Old 08-05-2022, 08:19 AM
MerlinTech
4th Gear

I have figured out the gauge says "Turbo" but it is just the oil pressure gauge and I don't see any boost gauge on this car. I am sure the gauges have been changed. I can't find any internet search that show this gauge display. At this point we are just leaving the gauges and understanding that "Turbo" is just oil pressure.

Quick Reply: Crazy issue