Sponsored by:

Looks like I may have a 97 TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts
Default Looks like I may have a 97 TT

Found one that checked out. May go on trailer tomorrow morning. Photos to follow if all works out right.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:03 AM
OnlyAirCooling
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug,

Hope that you will post your feelings and comparison between the 993TT and the 996... I tried the 996TT (modded to 480HP) for a month, leaving my 993TT to be sold to the dealer, but I still have the 993, right now.

thanks in advance
regards
Romano
Old 04-23-2004, 09:49 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait to see you riding around town in your new car Doug. Congratulations!
chuck
Old 04-24-2004, 01:06 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Chuck:

We should definitely meet up for lunch one day since you are right around the corner.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:17 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Doug,

I'd like to have lunch and meet you in person and hear about your new car (AND your other three or four Porsches!). I'll send you a PM.

When does the new car arrive?

see ya-chuck
Old 04-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

It was supposed to go on the trailer yesterday. The dealer left me a message last night and said the truck had an alternator problem and should go on today and that they would give me an ETA on Monday morning. The bank will not release funds until I take delivery and inspect so i would think the dealer would be in a hurry to get it here. They better not dic around too much or I will lose patience with them. I really wanted a weekend delivery as I don't have time to sit around wait for them at my house during the week. I did write a clause into the contract about delivery as I once order a car from up North and it took several weeks to find a truck heading my way.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:14 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

New old 97 TT will be here tomorrow. Cannot wait. Will post photos.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:43 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well Doug, did your car arrive? I thought about calling you yesterday to check up on the delivery of the TT.

chuck
Old 05-04-2004, 03:21 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Yep, it made it here, but I am a bit disappointed by all of the stone chips. It definitely needs a new spray on hood, bumper cover and around the light areas. Not sure I want to give up a brand new cherry condition car for one with such blemishes. I am holding mine for now and seeing about them paying for a respray. Hopefully, I will get out o trial earlier enough tomorrow to have someone give me an estimate. Do you know anyone locally that could do a cherry job. I am thinking everything has to come off and etc. because I want absolutely no overspray or evidence of tapping and etc. Bit bummed. Car runs well, but not to eager to thrash it about until I get the paint issue worked out. I had asked alot of specific qustions about stone chips and was given bogus information. The lighting in the pictures also do not reveal the damage. One photo in direct sunlight would have easily shown the chips.

Didn't mean to sound rushed the other day, but I was literally walking inot the court room when we hung up and was a little preoccupied when you called. My week should mellow out Thursday or Friday. Maybe we can try and hook up Saturday if the weather is nice.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:38 AM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

For future reference, which dealer were you unhappy with the accuracy of their description? Was there any opportunity to return it at your shipping expense if you were dissatisfied?
Old 05-04-2004, 09:09 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Doug-I just tried to send you a PM but your box is full.
Call Jerry Palmer at Personal Touch, 353-3550. He's located on Fite Rd., right in front of Memphis Motorsports Park. He is the best paint man in town, hands down. If you go to his shop and see the cars he's working on, you'll see what I mean.
I could tell I called you at a bad time the other day-no problem!
chuck
Old 05-05-2004, 12:36 AM
LeeR
Racer

Paint chips are the easiest thing to fix, and a good body shop should be able to do it so you'll never know it was redone. Mechanical problems is what can clean out your wallet and try your patience with these cars. I wouldn't sweat the paint chips, other than the aggravation of the missrepresentation of the seller. Just paint and go. Hopefully everything else checks out ok. Paint chips are a badge of honor. The car is much healthier if driven, rather than sitting to save the paint.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I had specifically asked to see pictures showing any paint chips and asked questions about paint chips. I don't have a problem with a small or even fair amount of paint chips. This is worse. It looks like the front end of the car was sand blasted. There are thousands of little star like cracks in the clear coat or finish that may not go down to the metal, but it almost make the paint look like a metalic finish.

I told these guys I was picky. Right now, I have instructed the bank not to release funds and I have both cars for the time being. it was not a Porsche dealer , but a wholeseller and the key even had cosign written on the red tag on the key chain. I did not get around to messing with this today and am frusterated because I just don't have the time to deal with this crap right now. It will all work out one way or another, but I am just frusterated at the moment.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:39 AM
tlark
Drifting

Sorry that your getting jerked around.

After you cool off, as LT1 ask, whom were these arseholes that apparently mis-represented the car. At my last count, about 4-6 of us including myself are looking for tt's. Its not a witch hunt, its about honesty and if someone doesn't know enough about a product they sell and to represent it fairly then they should be known and make an attempt to correct it!
Old 05-05-2004, 02:01 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Doug,

What color is yout TT? My RUF is black metallic, and the PO resprayed the front end before shipping the car to me from Germany. The car was in pristine shape when I got it. Unfortunately in four months, my front bumper was all beat up and I just resprayed it again. I also filled in all the hole up front. I will install the clear bra after the paint drys out in 30 days.

Black color shows the chips everywhere. You might want to consider the clear bra as well.

CP

Quick Reply: Looks like I may have a 97 TT