Wheels scratched by the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Bill S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Wheels scratched by the dealer

Has anyone had their wheels scratched by the dealer? I have a scratch around the outside edge on all four wheels when the tires were replaced.

Did your dealer replace the wheel or simply repaint it?
Old 04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar experience. But they dropped a tool on one of the spokes and chipped it.

I would insist that they replace the wheel. In my case, they repainted it, but they didn't do a very good job. So the color is a bit off and since it was not clearcoated after the painting, the brake dust gets stuck in the paint moreso than the original paint. Just a PITA.

Insist that they replace the wheel. They broke it, they fix it.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:51 AM
Costa Varuhas
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reasonableness (on both sides) is essential! The dealer ought to repair (in a proper manner) the damage and you ought to be happy with that. It would be wrong for the dealer to refuse to repair the wheels. Similarly, it would be wrong for you to insist on new/replacement wheels - that would amount to unjust enrichment (unless your wheels were new in the first place).
Old 04-22-2004, 11:42 AM
OnlyAirCooling
Intermediate

I'd insist to have at least all the four wheels repainted in the best manner, in order to avoid any difference in color and the transparent coating (in any case, if the wheels are not new, you will see differences, if you obtain just one wheel repainted).

It is a reasonable compromise, I've repainted the wheels of all my Porsches several times. You will never obtain the 4 wheels exactly the same colour/effect, if you do not repaint all of them togheter... And it could be better than have just ONE wheel replaced... as new, it will be different, compared to the other three, anyway!

And a special attention has to be paid on the transparent coating process. Sometime it happens that the transparent coating will not last more than 2-4 months, it the job is not perfectly done using the appropriate products.

If you need I can explain all the correct process and all the things to be avoided (after have done it several times I become an... expert!! )

regards
Romano

Last edited by OnlyAirCooling; 04-22-2004 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:33 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anyone tried powder coating wheels?
Old 04-22-2004, 05:44 PM
AGC
Racer

Same thing happen to my factory wheels when I swapped them out to HRE. The dealer refused to pay for anything

Quick Reply: Wheels scratched by the dealer