Old 03-19-2004, 09:14 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by OldGuy
Any bites??
There's been strong interest, a few folks are mulling over making an offer, and I've also received two firm offers in my "range" that I'm mulling over. But I haven't locked in with a buyer yet. Bottom line is the car's still for sale. As expected, I'm expending tremendous amounts of psychic energy staying the course and not pulling back from my decision to sell.

Originally posted by OldGuy
I still think GT3
That's a possibility. However, before I get to do all the fun sports car buying, I have multiple acquisitions to make, including taking care of the better half with a city runabout (Mini or VW GTI, she just unloaded her Saab) and then getting my daily driver (M3 or S4, I'm tired of driving the Land Rover DiscoII, will continue to use that as a people,bike, junk hauler). When all that's done, then the next project/sports car will come and ideally will be something with an edge, whether out of the box (like a GT3, I've decided there are too many 996TT's out there) or something that I build over time (like a 993 (RS clone, C4S, or TT)) with stiff suspension, big brakes, GT3 seats, big wheels, ultra loud exhaust. I like projects.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:08 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, I bought a Mini S for my wife and she loves it. It is not a great car for long extended drives as it tends to tramline worse than our 993's on just about any road imperfection but is great for around town driving. She used to love driving the Navigator to work but will only drive the Mini now so I'm stuck with the Nav as a daily driver.

As far as your next project, go for the RS clone or GT2 clone!

Quick Reply: Cross-post from 993 board: Made a tough decision ... check Rennlist classifieds