Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cargraphic Oil Cooler Install Information

Hi Guys/Gals,

Wanted to share some info about the Cargraphic Oil cooler installation. I had mine installed a few weeks ago. It does a wonderful job.

Drove the car to work last week and since it was a little warm, I turned on the air. I started to get a "fan hitting the radiator" type noise and some vibration when I turnied the air fan up. It was really loud outside the car. I turned of gthe air fan and thought that something was loose in the fan area.

Jacked up car and removed left front wheel. Started to pull the fender shroud off but found the problem immediately. The arm (its about 4 inches long) that THE fender schroud screw screws into was hitting the edge of the fan. I removed the arm, took a hack saw and cut about 1/2 inch off, smoothed with a grinder and reinstalled.

if you are installing the Cargraphic cooler hext to the AC condenser, you will see how the arm could hit the fan. You may want to chop it off before you put teh schroud back on.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

The arm was actually hitting the fan. The fan is plastic and has a black shroud around it. The arm had moved just enough to touch the fan . Very very minor marks on edge of fan. No real damage but I thought I should let every one know. I don't know, but i don't think the oreintation would make much difference.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:12 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AHAH! I just got mine installed, and I also hear a slight fan hitting something noise when I turn on the AC.
God Bless Rennlist.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's a simple fix. You don't even have to take the fender shroud all the way off. I just pulled mine back from the front and luckily saw the problem. Use a 8mm wrench to take the screw out. Tokk me less than 5 minutes not inlcuding jacking up the car, cleaning the caliper and inside of the wheel.

Steve
Old 03-15-2004, 08:09 PM
tjnif993t
Instructor

I'm just curious as I have the larger RSR oil cooler instead of the "turbo s" cooler,what type is the Cargraphic??
Old 03-15-2004, 10:19 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Well. I popped the fender shroud off and, it was actually the turn-signal wire that was rubbing on the fan blades. Some electrical tape and a zip-tie and it's okey-dokey.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:08 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Th Cargraphic GT cooler is similar to the RSR and mounts sandwiched with the AC condensor..
Old 03-18-2004, 05:34 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,
Sorry to just jump in here on your post. Just wondering who installed your Stage 2 protosport kit?

Regards,

Greg

It comes in handy at PCA meets!!
Old 03-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Greg,

Mine was done by Joe at the New Jersey Protomotive affiliate. he is a nice guy to deal with and very informative.

Looks like you are closeer to him than I.

Steve

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Oil Cooler Install Information