Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contentious question for AMG ETR

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 10:51 AM
PorscheDavid
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and BTW TB993tt...your car and pictures are fantastic...I, like many on the board here have downloaded your pictures and looked at them many times....really a nice, agressive, tasteful look...

Nicely done
Old 02-27-2004, 12:35 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

PorscheDavid
Thanks for the kind comments
Your N/A project sounds like a monster-love your way of thinking How high does it rev ?
Would I be right in assuming that the hydraulics would not work with the "aggressive" cam profile hence the neccessity for the mechanical rockers ?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:06 PM
PorscheDavid
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TB993tt...yeah it is a bit "monsterish" in a normally aspirated sort of way...by turbo standards thats heresy and an oxymoron...but compared to a normal, normally aspirated car, its pretty cool.

As I had mentioned before, I was after a complete package and doing what needed to be done to balance out all the mods, one with the other. The very aggressive cam necessitated the mechanical rockers. I had priced out every option available...I don't want to say that money was no object, but it was a matter of 1)research is just damn good fun (nods to this community) and 2)just being smart (hence no 3.8 conversion) Stock Porsche cams were not cheap...for a relatively small delta, the first stage of aggressive upgraded cams were an option. For the next delta cost, an even more aggressive cam was looked at, but necessitated the mechanical conversion. This is what I opted for...

With the internals done, I understand that these motors can ultimately rev pretty high. I opted for some moderation here...I think it is set around 100 rpm higher than stock...

Every mod as you and we all know is all about balance...what works and is acceptable on the track or in the extreme, makes for a difficult life as a street car. The overall feel of the car is very nice and complete...not the wild rush of the turbo car...but no longer quite as lacking when driving the two back to back.

Quick Reply: Contentious question for AMG ETR