Sponsored by:

It's Official - my 993TT is for sale -

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 06:33 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy It's Official - my 993TT is for sale -

Hey guys - I hate to do this, but we need to sell at least one car and this one makes the most sense. I probably will regret it as I think the 993TT is one of the few cars recently produced by Porsche that will have collector car value. In any case, this is not a car for someone looking for a stock 993TT as it has well over $25,000 worth of performance and cosmetic modifications done to it. I paid a premium for this and I will not sell it for what a similar mileage / condition stock car would go for. I was lucky as I knew I would modify the car and this one was done exactly as I wanted it. The car has 39,xxx miles on it and is in excellent cosmetic condition (the front end is protected with clear bra to prevent chips). I would think you could find a similarly optioned car in this condition in Polar Silver for 70k or perhaps less, so if that is what you are looking for stop here.

The engine mods were done by weissach in Vancouver, who you may know is one of the top tuners in North America and is the North American RUF distributor. I spent a lot of time talking to Weissach about this car as they remembered it well and had the records for it. The ECU was replaced with a Porsche 520 HP GT-1 spec system custom programmed in Germany for U.s. street use. The turbos were upgraded, the exhaust and fuel systems were tweaked, the suspension was upgraded, etc. The prior owner had the intercooler and shroud custom painted in polar silver and also added custom silver gauge faces (these are much nicer than the Porsche OEM silver faces IMO), billet aluminum pedals and dead pedal, and Tequipment silver shift **** and e-brake handle. The car also has a Turbo S auxiliary oil cooler, Turbo S intercooler to turbo down pipes, Cargraphic cat pipes (I added these at a cost of $2K), and the ROW style bumper covers front and rear with the Turbo S air scoops up front, and a rennline strut brace. The rear tires are new, as are all four rotors and brake pads. There is probably more that I am forgetting - but that is what I can recall off the top of my head.

So if you or anyone you know may be interested in this car please let me know. I am not in any hurry to sell and would really prefer the car go to someone I know is a true enthusiast.

The first 2 cars in the picture are ours - the 930 stays.
Attached Images  

Last edited by ZCAT3; 02-13-2004 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:41 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Here is a picture of the engine - the other thing I should note is that this has the titanium colored brake caliper option - this was something like a $1200 option (just to not have the calipers red).

On the power claims, I have never dynoed the car. But my 930 has been dynoed and puts out 475 HP. The 930 weighs almost 400 pounds less than the 993TT and the TT will still pull on it, which leads me to believe that over 500 HP is a reasonable claim.
Attached Images  
Old 02-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Bill, you got me drooling again
Old 02-11-2004, 09:57 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Pin - I hope you don't mind me using your picture. Adrian, the guy writing the 993 book also wanted to use that picture if that is o.k. with you. I really need you to come by a take some glamour photos for me before the car goes away.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Hi Bill,

I don't mind at all

And I can definitely come by and take some more pictures of your awesome car...
Old 02-12-2004, 12:00 AM
vrus
Racer

Originally posted by ZCAT3
Pin - I hope you don't mind me using your picture. Adrian, the guy writing the 993 book also wanted to use that picture if that is o.k. with you. I really need you to come by a take some glamour photos for me before the car goes away.
I am very interested. Sold my Polar Silver 993 and have missed it ever since.

What are you asking for the car?
Old 02-12-2004, 12:41 AM
nman413
Drifting

Victor, you had a pretty crazy 993 too didnt you?
Old 02-12-2004, 12:45 AM
vrus
Racer

Originally posted by icerbofh
Victor, you had a pretty crazy 993 too didnt you?
Yup.. Pretty fast little car.

The new owner made me an offer I couldnt refuse so I sold it.. Looking for its replacement now.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:57 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

ZCAT given the upgrades you have, what is the price you are
asking in case we run into a potential buyer??
Old 02-12-2004, 12:58 AM
phatbut
Racer

Victor...your car looked extremely low. Is this it's actually height. If so...IT"S ON RAILS. What suspension / tweeks did you do the suspension?
Old 02-12-2004, 01:04 AM
vrus
Racer

Originally posted by phatbut
Victor...your car looked extremely low. Is this it's actually height. If so...IT"S ON RAILS. What suspension / tweeks did you do the suspension?
Everybody always asks me that... :-)

Yes. The picture is real and is not photochopped.

I had H&R Coilovers on the car and they were set very low. Was like riding a gokart around. Handling was unreal, but after a week that picture was taken, I raised it 0.5" all around.. It would scrape the bottom of the nose on some steep driveways so I had to raise it..
Old 02-12-2004, 01:55 AM
LeeR
Racer

Bill, sorry to hear you're selling the 993TT. It's a beautiful car. I tried to keep up with you at Willow Springs, but no luck. That car is fast. Hope all is well. Regards to you and Michele. -Lee.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:22 AM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill - sorry to hear you're letting her go.
Jauder - opportunity knocks!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:33 AM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Price?

harrY
Old 02-12-2004, 11:37 AM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Wow, Bill. I'm sorry to see you sell her. Your car is a virtual twin to mine right down to the Titanium calipers.
Still hope to meet you at the track one on these days.
Best wishes.

Quick Reply: It's Official - my 993TT is for sale -