Sponsored by:

Serious Rlisters Opinion on worth

Old 12-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Serious Rlisters Opinion on worth

bELOW is my ad. I'm 70 and arthritis makes it difficult to get in and out. I do not need to sell. The car is advertised here on Rennlist. I have had some inquiries. Just would like collective Rlister wisdom. This ia great car..
Porsche 911 1998 C4S, 22,8xx miles, Arctic Silver with classic grey interior. I've owned for 14 years. This is my 7th 911 and 11th Porsche over 50 years. Protomotive Stage II twin turbo engine producing 530 crank horsepower installed at 14k miles. Engine cost in 2003 was $32K. Engine is bullet proof. Bilstein PSS9 adjustable suspension. Extra Cargraphic Oil cooler installed in left front fender keeps engine very cool on hottest days. All systems, AC, radio, CD player, etc work flawlessly. Never any paint or body work. Never tracked or abused. This is a special car. One of 299 imported in 1998. Call or text. 919-523-5453

Old 12-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

98' C4S is a very rare car. People might want to know if Protomotive turbocharged the original twin plug engine or did they use an engine from a 993 turbo car? Did you add the rear wing and if so do you have the original deck lid? Nice car, good luck!
Old 12-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

98' C4S is a very rare car. People might want to know if Protomotive turbocharged the original twin plug engine or did they use an engine from a 993 turbo car? Did you add the rear wing and if so do you have the original deck lid? Nice car, good luck!

Thanks Scott, Original engine was rebuilt and modified. I do not have original deck lid. It would not fit over intercooler and did nto come with car, but I can locate replacement. Thanks. It is an awesome car to drive and sounds incredible.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Did I miss the asking price? It reads like an ad, not an ask for value.

Anyways, sounds like a nice setup but the engine mods can take away from the value of the car, especially an 98S with low miles and no paint work. Not sure why back then you just did not get a Turbo to start and go from there since that car has a much stronger driveline, but so be it. Hate to say this, but I would say the modifications from a market perspective are valued at pretty well zero, so you should be able to get what a 23,000 mile car gets. Harder sell though, the audience for this sort of a car is quite a bit narrower.

Best of luck !

Cheers,

Mike
Old 12-22-2017, 03:55 PM
scosurf
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Turbo

I would say a price point would be 110 probable sell closes to 95 but I don’t know

with a black interior I would buy at 95??
bob
Old 12-23-2017, 04:02 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like a great build!
That said top dollar is simply almost never seen on modded 993 cars that started none turbo and have gone turbo unless done by the elusive RUF imo.

The grey interior is not ideal also. Least attractive of the interior colors.

With that low miles the car is likely worth more if was a bone stock c4s.

Also was the tranny upgraded as the 993tt has a stronger transmission then the c4s etc.

Looks super clean and like a great build. Just 993 prices are settling a bit. The collector car investment grade cars as far as the 993tt world came from the factory as a 993tt. An amazing modded creation like this will not capture the $ like oem 993tt.

Ask 99 and likely sell for 85-90 imo.
I think it’s an awesome car that’s for sure.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:27 AM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive candor but burn that first picture. The frontal angle in the parking lot. Stunning vehicle and color; beautiful classic quintessential color combo. But that first pic something about the color of the asphalt and lighting makes it look like there is no lower front fascia; looks (erroneously of course) like someone with no bottom teeth/sunken in. Had to say it. And it is an optical illusion so nothing derogatory really at all....just burn it!!!
Old 12-31-2017, 04:46 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty
Forgive candor but burn that first picture. The frontal angle in the parking lot. Stunning vehicle and color; beautiful classic quintessential color combo. But that first pic something about the color of the asphalt and lighting makes it look like there is no lower front fascia; looks (erroneously of course) like someone with no bottom teeth/sunken in. Had to say it. And it is an optical illusion so nothing derogatory really at all....just burn it!!!
Wasn't quite sure what you were talking about, but after staring at that pic for a while, I get it. When looking at the upper part of the pic, for some reason you don't see the part below the headlights well! It's there when you look down. weird.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:55 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the picture, looks like a over-bite. But other pics are great.

I'm in the market for a widebody C4S or 2S. I love this car and the extra giddy-up it offers. Market is soft right now anyway. I think and hope the market is better for you in the Spring. Everyone seems to be shoveling out of the snow on the east coast. Meanwhile, Colorado is dry as a bone. :sigh:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Serious Rlisters Opinion on worth