Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 05:33 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

ROFL you guys... Actually here are a couple of my favorite latest shots then...

I left my car at Bob's for a few adjustments and when I came to pick it up it was all carbon fibre-fied Fast & Furious style.

Old 12-15-2003, 05:37 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Then again these wheels and brakes are a nice combo

PS Kevin what's the record for eating RaMen? I think I can take it... Come on man the California sun is waiting and I am bored working on video cards. How about making me do a turbo uninstall or somethign fun like that!
Old 12-15-2003, 05:45 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by ca993twin
VB,

How many Beanie Babies for Alex's K18 wheels? If we put 4 space-saver spares on in their place, how long before he'd notice?

Pokemon cards. I also have my kids Pokemon cards to use as currency.

Can you shoot a picture of those wheels and post it? Oh... I suppose I could go to the Kinesis site and find them.

I'm looking forward to the total, wallet-emptying, Viperbob treatment next weekend.
I like the 'ol cola bottle sweets (candy as you guys call 'em over 'ere). So a few of those and maybe a 993 Turbo?

I guess I've always liked the Kinesis stuff and when we were down in LA, I was picking up some parts from a Porsche race shop/body shop and there were so many race cars that had Kinesis wheels on them. That has to say something for their strength and weight. Plus they look great.

I just sold my K58s
Old 12-15-2003, 09:50 AM
jebia
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steve, info about your mechanical boost gauge

Steve,
I interested because my boost gauge acts flakey (car runs great). Why are you installing a mechanical boost gauge? Are you going to install the gauge in the clock hole in the dash (replacing the clock like in the older turbos)? Please send parts info ($) and pictures of install (path for boost sensor hose routing).

I did buy a new boost sensor with last years pca coupon, I will try to install the new sensor next time I have the intercooler out. Maybe that will fix my boost bauge.

I still perfer the look of the boost gauge in the clock hole location (older cars), to me it it sex "turbo" more than the computer display location.

Jon
Albuquerque
Old 12-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Indykid
Advanced

Originally posted by TB993tt
Is this similar to the one Fabspeed does for the N/A 993 ? If yes then it will almost certainly lose you power by sucking in warmer air from the engine compartment - you are better off putting the old box back on and reconnecting the snorkel to the I/C housing to get that cold air back in. For levels of tune under 450HP the stock air box is not restrictive ( a BMC/K&N filter element may help) hence the factory left alone at these levels.
I did know this. thanks
Old 12-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Indykid
Advanced

Originally posted by ca993twin
Indykid,

No, I've never dyno'd my car. The Gemballa ECU is advertised at 450HP, and it does seem to make the boost earlier. I have a mechanical boost gauge, but it's not plumbed yet (next weekend at viperbobs!) so that may tell me something. I also recommend that RS short shifter... helps with those long, VW-bus-like throws.
Where do I get this RS short shifter, I can't seem to find one.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:10 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Jebia
The stock digital boost guage is next to useless and definately useless if you run over 0.8bar.
Whilst I agree the clock installation is a nice solution, only Ruf offers one which retains the analogue clock and warning lights and that is in that Ruf green background colour + costs around$700US
Here is my electrical ricer guage - possibly the worst installation ever - but it is easy to see
Old 12-15-2003, 12:33 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

My mechanical boost gauge replaces the left hand A/C duct. The duct is still (somewhat) functional, and the installation looks very factory. This gauge was a gift from a fellow Rennlister, so I don't have any info on it. Andial? I dunno. Now that I have a new digital camera, I have no excuses for not posting a picture. Soon...
Old 12-15-2003, 11:51 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Jebia,

Here's that photo I promised you of my boost gauge....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 993tt and kinesis wheels