Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

TPC Supercharger and LW RS Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:04 PM
gridlock61
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had TPC install an SC bypass cutoff based on RPM. I did not like the feeling of the SC drag, nor the constant whine at lower RPM's, so I have a bypass set at 3k RPM. I originally had it at 4k, then reduced it to 3k, which seems like a good balance. I don't get any boost below 3k, which I know many may not agree with, but I like maintaining the 'normal' engine sound and character at normal cruising RPM's, then feel the sudden turbo-like kick when the SC kicks in at 3k.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:15 PM
joe original@flash.net
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike , I live in Austin and have no heat issues with my ic.
Oil temp dose creep up a little in traffic. I would get the ic, easier to do it now than later.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:56 PM
ekimerpud
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joe [email
original@flash.net[/email];14268589]Mike , I live in Austin and have no heat issues with my ic.
Oil temp dose creep up a little in traffic. I would get the ic, easier to do it now than later.
Thanks Joe. You make a good point. If you're willing, I would love to check out your setup next time I'm in Austin.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:39 PM
joe original@flash.net
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy to show you just let me know
Old 06-24-2017, 09:51 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I have had the TPC supercharger (no intercooler) on my 1996 C2 for many years now. TPC did a final dyno/tune/map at their shop. I got 120 rwhp boost and power from idle on up.

I would make sure the belt/idler pulley are aligned and run true. Very little SC noise. A few years ago I pulled the engine/trans for a new LWFW and heavy duty clutch. I was getting the stalling and that was annoying! I searched this site and found a thread that talked about cleaning the Idler Stabilizer Valve and making a small adjustment (loosen three screws) and turn part, retighten screws and test. This fixed the stalling for me. I live in FL and no issues with heat. Some years ago I did the Aux Fan over ride switch but never needed to use it.

I am extremely happy with the SC, best performance bang for the bucks!!!!
Good Luck !!!!!!

Quick Reply: TPC Supercharger and LW RS Flywheel