Columbus, OH Inspection???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Michael Elmore
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Columbus, OH Inspection???

Hello Everyone!

As some of you know from my "$500 Finder's Fee" post last weekend, I am almost certain that I have found my first Porsche!!! (a 993). (Thanks again to Silver Bullet for putting me on to the car!)

The PPI done today was clean and now I'm waiting for a body shop inspection to be completed.

The problem is that I need to close the deal before I can easily break away from the office and fly across the country to inspect the car myself.

Is there someone out there in the Columbus, Ohio area that would be willing to be a set of eyes for me and stop by to inspect the car? The seller is about 15 minutes from the Columbus airport (Near intersection of highways 71 and 270).
Old 01-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Michael,
This may not help much but I will be in Cincinnati this weekend at my mechanics shop and we would both be glad to look at the car if the owner is willing to drive down. I am sure you will find someone closer but if all else fails let me know.
Greg
Old 01-15-2002, 09:41 PM
Michael Elmore
Advanced

Greg,

Thanks ever so much for the offer. However, since winter driving weather is iffy and I really would like the car to be driven as little as possible before it becomes officially mine, I would rather not have the car brought to Cincinnati. I very much appreciate the offer, however!
Old 01-15-2002, 10:50 PM
Michael Elmore
Advanced

Hi Kim!

Thanks for the tip. I just got an e-mail from Dan96C2 suggesting the same thing. I am in the process of contacting those local PCA Porschephiles.

(This IS the car, Kim!)
Old 01-16-2002, 09:33 AM
Tom Pepper
Addict
Rennlist Member

Michael, I am a 993 owner and live in Columbus. I am not a mechanic nor body shop owner, but I do have a set of good eyes and pretty good judgement...unless you ask my wife. What can I help you with in the exciting and challenging process of getting your new car?
Tom
Old 01-16-2002, 10:44 AM
Joe L
Instructor

Michael-

I am currently looking for the 'right' 993 and live in Columbus. I would be happy to stop by and be a second set of eyes...
Old 01-16-2002, 10:55 PM
Michael Elmore
Advanced

Tom and Joe (and all):

Thanks so much for the offer. I very much appreciate it. However, today the seller pushed to close the deal and I chose to make the purchase without me seeing it first. Fortunately, I was able to get a high quality Porsche firm to go over the car beforehand. So again, thank you very much!
Old 01-17-2002, 12:50 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 161 Likes on 82 Posts
Hey Mike,

Congradulations on your purchase..
Sight unseen can be a bit scary but hopefully you will be nicely surprised as I was.

Best of luck and can't wait to see pic's..

Quick Reply: Columbus, OH Inspection???