Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlanta Paint and Bodyshop referrals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:20 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Atlanta Paint and Bodyshop referrals?

Hey guys,
I had a contractor scratch the front bumper of my car with a ladder. Its decently deep and going to need to be fixed and resprayed but I need some reccos. Performance Auto/Magnus gave me an estimate for $3k to do the bumper but that seems excessive to me.... that being said I want someone that can match polar silver exactly. Who has had good experiences with various shops?
Thanks in advance
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
M. Schneider (12-12-2021)
Old 05-24-2017, 04:46 PM
quacktoduck
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

have you tried buffing it? might be a cheaper course of action before going to painting route but yeah 3k seems excessive
Old 05-24-2017, 06:08 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Unfortunately buffing is not going to help. It's deep enough I can't get it out
Old 05-24-2017, 07:28 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

For 3k?! That's insane. Last time I had a bumper resprayed was 700.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:37 PM
gavonder
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 105 Posts

A new cover is around $1500 I think & you should be able to get it sprayed for under $1000.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:37 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

I had my front bumper license plate holes filled and the bumper resprayed for somewhere around $600. $3,000 for a bumper respray is outrageous.

Andreas
Old 05-25-2017, 12:32 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

100% agree with everyone. I was expecting $800 - $1200 tops. The total quote to do the bumper and both splitters was just over 4k and my jaw hit the floor. They are a high end shop here in Atlanta but I thought that was crazy.

Anyone have experience with an ATL shop that does good work cheaper?

Originally Posted by P-daddy
For 3k?! That's insane. Last time I had a bumper resprayed was 700.
Originally Posted by gavonder
A new cover is around $1500 I think & you should be able to get it sprayed for under $1000.
Originally Posted by AOW162435
I had my front bumper license plate holes filled and the bumper resprayed for somewhere around $600. $3,000 for a bumper respray is outrageous.

Andreas
Old 05-25-2017, 04:10 PM
SpeedyC2
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 111 Posts

I would highly recommend Goldcrest Motorsports. They are an outstanding independent who saved me from a bad spot a few years ago.

Great people, great work, and visiting the shop is like walking into a Porsche motorsports candy store!

Last edited by SpeedyC2; 05-25-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-05-2017, 01:21 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Anyone else in ATL?
Old 06-06-2017, 01:18 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

I got a front end respray done with these guys. Not cheap but good quality. As I know Bentley, RR and Ferrari getting there cars in this area done from him as well.
http://www.magnumcollision.com/
Old 06-06-2017, 01:23 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

I got a front end respray done with them beginning of this year. Front bumper, both fenders, front-hood and front window frame Quality was good. Was 5.7k all together.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I have seen paint work from a lot of shops around town and I will be 100% candid with you....most are very poor when it comes to the details. There are a TON of cut corners.

I won't say you can't get great work from a shop I am not naming but I will say I have seen these 2 shops perform work that impresses me and I am not easy to impress at all.

Performance Auto Collision in Alpharetta
Wilson's Body Shop in Conyers

PAC is known and in the area a lot of Porsche owners live. Wilson's Body Shop is not but they really do incredible work.

My advice is this, regardless of where someone goes. Look your service rep in the eye and explain exactly what you are looking for in terms of quality. Clearly, if one is pressing for discounts and focused on a price, quality is likely to suffer. If you are hunting a final product....a measure of craftsmanship that can't be had for a "deal", expect to pay more. For 9+ years I could not refer any shop in town because I could not find one I was overly pleased with. I have seen these 2 shops turn out some beautiful work. Take it for what it's worth.

If you go to Wilson's Body Shop, just tell them you know me(Jean-Claude) and expect the work I would want. They know exactly what you are saying and you will be very pleased.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Ryano, you should consider swinging by my facility. That may be able to be corrected without painting.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Dryfly57
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ryano, give Allen a call at German Car Repair I'm sure he can lead you in the right direction.
Long time no see hope you are well.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:53 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tropheus
I got a front end respray done with these guys. Not cheap but good quality. As I know Bentley, RR and Ferrari getting there cars in this area done from him as well.
http://www.magnumcollision.com/
I ended up going here and got a quote. Much better... $1400 for the bumper and $450 splitters. Goldcrest seemed to have a good option as well and want $1250 for both.

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
I have seen paint work from a lot of shops around town and I will be 100% candid with you....most are very poor when it comes to the details. There are a TON of cut corners.

I won't say you can't get great work from a shop I am not naming but I will say I have seen these 2 shops perform work that impresses me and I am not easy to impress at all.

Performance Auto Collision in Alpharetta
Wilson's Body Shop in Conyers

PAC is known and in the area a lot of Porsche owners live. Wilson's Body Shop is not but they really do incredible work.

My advice is this, regardless of where someone goes. Look your service rep in the eye and explain exactly what you are looking for in terms of quality. Clearly, if one is pressing for discounts and focused on a price, quality is likely to suffer. If you are hunting a final product....a measure of craftsmanship that can't be had for a "deal", expect to pay more. For 9+ years I could not refer any shop in town because I could not find one I was overly pleased with. I have seen these 2 shops turn out some beautiful work. Take it for what it's worth.

If you go to Wilson's Body Shop, just tell them you know me(Jean-Claude) and expect the work I would want. They know exactly what you are saying and you will be very pleased.
Thanks... PAC is where I got my 4k quote. I am sure they do the best work but that is a little too steep for me.

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
Ryano, you should consider swinging by my facility. That may be able to be corrected without painting.
Its too deep to come out without a small repair but I would love to have you quote a small paint correction I would love to do soon

Originally Posted by Dryfly57
Ryano, give Allen a call at German Car Repair I'm sure he can lead you in the right direction.
Long time no see hope you are well.
Thanks! I just had my dad send Alan his 944s for a big list. Hope all is well with you too!

Quick Reply: Atlanta Paint and Bodyshop referrals?