Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My "New" 993......

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Chris L
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow -- lots of room for repairs/upgrades at that price! If you diy, please share your experience here. I for one would love to read about it.

If PCNA fixes the rust, that's one incredible deal.

Chris.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, welcome to the 993 world. That car certainly will be happy with you, even with the open heart surgery it will receive in your hands. Im glad I could assist you in finding that great car. Now, there are some mods I need you to do so I can find out if they are right for my 96. clutch, flywheel, big reds, PSS9, short shifter, short gear tranny, 3.8L, you get the point.

This sponsorship is going to be fun....stay tuned for details.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats. We want some Pics.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, and John - be sure to read the FAQ posted at the top of the forum

Old 11-15-2003, 05:34 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey John! Welcome aboard! What a price!!!! My my... Just don't hang around too much with Kim! Look what happened to Phil! He is a very bad influence and you will have to sell your house and live in your C4.

Old 11-15-2003, 05:49 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

You guys are killing me here! I'm trying to get some quality manual reading done...

Seriously - now that Alfie has posted - I want to thank both him and the folks at Ira Porsche. I met with one of their TECHs earlier today - and he was terrific. He had his own 356 on the lift, and we spent some time just chatting. I'd give you his name - but for now - I'm not sure he wants the publicity. Yes - he an enthusiast and yes, he knows Porsches, and yes, he knows Rennlist....

As for the rest of you......

The rust bubbles might be covered by PCNA???? I didn't know that - seriously! My thanks!!!! Let me check that out.....

Alfie - I probably will use my 993 to try a number of conversions. BUT - since you have a C2 and I'd be doing them for you - we can split the costs (hey buddy - YOU are the one who got me into this mess!! )

Kim: There is a group buy on a cooler of some sort? Outstanding. Now - if someone could point me to WHERE my 993 has a cooler.. (Just kidding)....

Pics: Yep - they are coming...

RS Flywheel - according to the Tech in our conversation - "Yes - very good. You may find that idle changes a bit due to the lighter mass. What would you like to know?...." I like that TECH.....

Danny - Phil - Autobahn - Chris - Rich- well - ALL OF YOU..!!! My sincerest thanks!!!

As a side note to Rich..... Your interview with the POC Magazine was one of the highlights of Rennlist for me personally over the past 6 years. I just want to say "Thank You". Since that "interview" several years ago, the site continues to change, grow and become a mirror of what Porsche enthusiasm is all about. This thread - along with about 800,000 posts here and another 1,000,000 to the e-mail Forums bear that out. As for me - heck, I haven't changed. I just get excited every time I walk into my garage, or see another Porsche on the street - or view the Rennlist site.

POC, and your work with POC - has the same merit and carries the same enthusiasm.

Our thanks for that....
Old 11-15-2003, 06:08 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look what happened to Phil

HA.......My car is stock! well just about stock...errr.real close to stock.......ok...the windows are stock...Other than tint....I have not touched the windows

Old 11-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John

I'm thrilled for you - I was wondering what was going to replace your car and while I'm sorry you won't get to experience the classic 964, well a 993 is a pretty good fall-back ....and they are not a bad bunch of guys on this board either

Enjoy and I too look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your mods on my second favorite type of 911!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts

John,

I agree with you 100% as I feel the same way. I knew Rennlist was really special back then, and your interview was a personal highlight for me, too. You were so easy going during our conversation that it made my job very easy!

I'm happy to hear about your 993 purchase, John. I'm a fairly new 993 owner, as well (5 months).

Rich
Old 11-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear that poor 993 has been taken in from out of the cold and found a loving home
Congrats and enjoy the ride!
Old 11-15-2003, 10:10 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

John

Welcome.

I know you do visit occassiopnally, but you're gonna like spending a lot of time around here. Wait til you meet our spiritual leader, JimBob Jumpback. He knows a lot about the 993 and about life.

Also, given that your brakes are frozen to the rotors, you've already been prequalified for HWFM Racing membership if you're interested. You can be Team Geek, or Team Administrator, whichever you prefer.

Congrats on your new car.

Mike
Old 11-15-2003, 10:50 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Mike in Chi

Also, given that your brakes are frozen to the rotors, you've already been prequalified for HWFM Racing membership if you're interested. You can be Team Geek, or Team Administrator, whichever you prefer.

Mike
Oh fearless leader, John has asked on a separate thread ( Kim's Newbie thread) to be a member in our team. I also told him he has to be assigned duties and I was hoping to get you to assign them so I cna update the roster which needs badly updating
Old 11-15-2003, 11:01 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Awesome John.... So did you say the $16000 was in the kitty for modssssss.....

Old 11-15-2003, 11:22 PM
neunelf
Racer

John,
Welcome to the 993 pack. It's an honor to have you amongst us.

First, let me give you three early words of encouragement:
Pedro's Ice Wax

So naturally, the 993 Board will now be getting complete and utter preference over all other boards since the king now resides here, right??????
Old 11-16-2003, 01:04 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by poorb0yw
LOL.

Congrats and welcome. I just got mine back today .
Congrats. where's it been?

Quick Reply: My "New" 993......