Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tramont Sizing Survey

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 01:36 AM
Dick in TN
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would depend on tires, camber and ride height. I have 235 Sumi's, -1.3 &-1.5 camber, and not sure about ride height but a side view of the car is posted earlier in this thread. You can see my car sits pretty low in the front. My fenders are not rolled. Other brand 235's may have a wider tread than my Sumi's have and could possibly rub with my setup.
My advice is not to go more aggressive than 45 but then I don't like that look on the 993 series.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:06 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick in TN
Here

Dick, really...you have a matching color air cooled (we'll type R opposed anyway)BMW? Your killing me. Guilty here kinda too, mine's vintage, water cooled...and for sale.
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks for posting this Mike, I've been toying with the thought of these wheels, to stay ahead of disappearing 17" tires.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:46 AM
snowman_dan
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Don't want to mislead anyone, in my opinion Tramont Cups (or Speedlines) are the most beautiful wheels you can put on a 993, and look great on both the NB and the WB, thanks to their three piece design and the availability of different offsets.
Tramont quality is superb.
Hi Dick,

Owning a 1994 993 midnight blue Carrera NB since 2014, I'm a very big fan of the Carrera RS - not Clubsport - where we all know about the current market prices. However, I started a "project phase 1" on paper and head to make changes on the outside to make my Carrera look like an RS (where I'm not the first one on this planet ) by adding
- front spoiler/splitters
- sideskirts
- tail spoiler
AND
- Tramont Cup (Cup2?) RS Speedline replia rims
- re-paint standard black brakes in red color

"Phase 2 project" scope later might then see some interiour changes. However, I would like to be able to transform anything back to the original Carrera with original/standard Porsche Cup 2 rims (see avatar).

Already non standard and optimized: I have Bilstein shocks, bumpers, steel brake lines, and 17" Cup 2 replicas from Millemiglia with better looking and matching offsets which I could buy used.

Given: Due to my Carrera's production year (R = 1994) and VIN, she is not supported to be officially upgraded to 18" rims. In addition we all know that driving on 17" is better as on 18". Of course 18" look much better than 17".

Now the questions:
1. Is there someone driving 17" Tramonta's? If yes, what are the experiences?
2. If not: What do you think would they look like in 17" on lowered Carrera NB?
3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any feedbacks, ideas and suggestions!

Best,
Daniel
Old 05-11-2017, 01:08 PM
snowman_dan
Track Day

Hello 993 Tramont enthusiasts,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to 993 driving: Mine is a NB 1994 Carrera which I would like to transform to the RS look (not Clubsport: split front spoiler, side skirts and rear front spoiler).

As I can't officially change to 18" and love the behaviour and setup on 17" I'm thinking about to buy the 17" Tramont rims: Is there anyone here who has bought 17" Tramonts?

Any picture or experience is very much appreciated!

Cheers, Daniel
Old 05-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I have not heard of anyone doing this on the list but who knows - I do not have any 17" wheels but I have heard that tire choices may be limited as well (not sure about that).

By "can't officially change to 18" is that a Swiss regulation?

I am holding back for a bit on purchase, the Canadian/Euro exchange rate was getting worse and worse, but now it appears to be settling back ...

Good Luck, and don't forget to post pictures!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 05-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 149 Posts

Is anyone in the US handling these yet?
Old 05-11-2017, 02:13 PM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
http://werks911.com
Old 05-11-2017, 04:28 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I inquired with Christine at Tramont about 17's. She has the specs at the ready. I like the idea of 17's for improved ride quality. Are you thinking 7.5" fronts and 9.5" rears?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:18 PM
snowman_dan
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mike J
I have not heard of anyone doing this on the list but who knows - I do not have any 17" wheels but I have heard that tire choices may be limited as well (not sure about that).

By "can't officially change to 18" is that a Swiss regulation?
Yes, Tramont offers 17", see http://www.tramont.fr/tramont-tarifs_en.html

No, this is not a Swiss regulation. However, I did only find the German wording of this issue, see http://www.elfer-gtr.de/Kapitel%207%20Kaufberatung.htm, but will try to find the original Porsche document because I know it does exist.

In addition I also did find this Porsche N.A. document (see attachment).

Best,
Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Retrofit of 18 Inch Wheels.pdf (18.0 KB, 62 views)
Old 05-11-2017, 05:28 PM
snowman_dan
Track Day

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
I inquired with Christine at Tramont about 17's. She has the specs at the ready. I like the idea of 17's for improved ride quality. Are you thinking 7.5" fronts and 9.5" rears?
I did play around with a rims and offset calculator and compared the current non-standard, but Swiss TUV approved dimensions of my Mille Miglia Cup 2 rims (green lines in the attachment) with possible Tramont dimensions (orange lines in the attachment).

I'm sorry that this calculator is Austria based and therefore in German.

Of course I still will ask Tramont (Christine) what they/she think/thinks are the right dimensions for a 17" setup from their perspective.

BTW: This is the absolutely perfect way if you can choose which offsets they shall use while producing the rims - never have seen this before.

BTW2: Could you please provide Christines mail address? Otherwise I have to deal with a small Swiss re-seller garage, which I believe has not the same experience as Tramont directly has. Thanks!

Best,
Daniel
Attached Images
Old 05-11-2017, 07:39 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't want to mislead anyone, in my opinion Tramont Cups (or Speedlines) are the most beautiful wheels you can put on a 993, and look great on both the NB and the WB, thanks to their three piece design and the availability of different offsets.
Tramont quality is superb.
This may indeed be the opinion of many regarding the beauty and build quality of these Tramont/Speedline wheels (myself included); but their weight would indicate that they are NOT by any stretch of the imagination, performance wheels.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:24 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
Just order them already...what could happen?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:52 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Just order them already...what could happen?
I would have to sell my car to cover shipping
Old 05-12-2017, 12:00 AM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by snowman_dan
BTW2: Could you please provide Christines mail address? Otherwise I have to deal with a small Swiss re-seller garage, which I believe has not the same experience as Tramont directly has. Thanks!

Christine Jacquet
cjacquet.tramont@orange.fr

Quick Reply: Tramont Sizing Survey