Sponsored by:

State Farm Agreed Value Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 11:22 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,123 Posts
Default State Farm Agreed Value Insurance

Figured I'd post this here since it gets the most traffic for AC cars...

I talked to my agent last week and state farm does have an agreed value policy. It's SUPER restrictive though, much more so than a Hagerty for example.

Does anyone have this policy with SF ?

I'm looking into options before I do a major insurance move with all my policies, SF is being a bit of a PITA and my last experience with a claim really soured me.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:17 PM
mpruden
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

I had an agreed value policy with State Farm.

One day I got a letter in the mail informing me that they had retroactively transitioned my policy from agreed value to actual cash value. No proactive notification, phone call, email, justification, nada. While I'm sure there's a reasonable justification, it felt like a bait and switch to me. The agent had no idea it had happened either.

I'm now happily with Heacock.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:55 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I am happy with American Modern through Leland West.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:24 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
I am happy with American Modern through Leland West.
Me too.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:28 PM
fsa
Burning Brakes

Received 179 Likes on 96 Posts

When you guys say "Happy", are you referring to competitive rates, fewer restrictions?
It would be helpful to hear from those who sadly had to process and then collect.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:31 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fsa
When you guys say "Happy", are you referring to competitive rates, fewer restrictions?
It would be helpful to hear from those who sadly had to process and then collect.
Yes...And there when you need them!
Old 02-27-2017, 03:37 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 93 Posts

I may be incorrect, but I believe American Modern underwrites Barrett-Jackson collector car insurance.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:51 PM
sdm100
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 116 Posts

I have agreed to value with American Collectors never had an issue
http://americancollectors.com/
Old 02-27-2017, 04:02 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

I have had State Farm for 30+ years and never had an issue on claims. I have had Agreed Value on the 993 with them for about 8 years, never filed a claim though. Not sure why you think they are so restrictive, I am traveling and cannot copy down the exact wording but on the dec pages all they have is one or two sentences on use, that's it.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Rockit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
I have had State Farm for 30+ years and never had an issue on claims. I have had Agreed Value on the 993 with them for about 8 years, never filed a claim though. Not sure why you think they are so restrictive, I am traveling and cannot copy down the exact wording but on the dec pages all they have is one or two sentences on use, that's it.
Each state is different with the same carrier.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I'm aware of all the boutique insurers, I'm really looking to see if there is a 1-stop shop firm or broker that can handle all my insurance needs in 1 go, single bill annually, etc. easy to deal with, no drama.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:18 PM
12mpg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very happy with American Modern Insurance.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:25 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by il pirata
Would be interesting to see what you have in your policy docs on use.

The restriction I got from my agent reads like this:

Here's some criteria for State Farm Antique auto category- theses vehicles are only eligible for our program if used for shows, parades etc. as detailed below
– not eligible if driven for fun on weekends or raced.

Prior underwriting approval is required for vehicles valued above $50,000.
If a veh is over $100k an independent professional appraisal is required along with alarmed storage

Antiques:
•Use: Used on a very limited basis, such as in exhibitions, parades, club activities, or similar functions of public interest. Not used regularly for personal, pleasure, or business purposes.
•Condition: Restored, maintained or preserved to original condition by an antique automobile hobbyist.
Use: Use of the vehicle is the primary factor in determining eligibility for the program. Underwriting must determine whether the overall use is "limited" to that of an antique or classic vehicle, or, whether it is "regularly" used for personal, pleasure, or business purposes.

Vehicles with "limited" use are those vehicles that are used primarily in exhibitions, club activities, parades, or similar functions of public interest and used infrequently for other purposes. If the vehicle is used "regularly" for personal, pleasure, or business, it should be rated under the regular rules and rates that apply to the type of vehicle to be insured.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:27 PM
Rockit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Thanks guys. I'm aware of all the boutique insurers, I'm really looking to see if there is a 1-stop shop firm or broker that can handle all my insurance needs in 1 go, single bill annually, etc. easy to deal with, no drama.
Try and find a local independent agent in your area and deal with just them for everything. No one company will write collector car, everyday cars and your home direct. An agent will find the best pricing on each for you.

Search through here for an agent near you

https://www.trustedchoice.com/
Old 02-27-2017, 05:44 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 239 Posts

Call Heacock in Florida. They are fantastic. Real people and car nuts. Three years with them and very happy.

Quick Reply: State Farm Agreed Value Insurance