Sponsored by:

OT: Poor eBay Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSnake99
I guess you would rather them shill bid you up to pay more?
Seems like a pretty minor thing. No loss to you.

Disagree.

OP is expressing his disenchantment with how unethical dirtbags operate.

Sad that honor is fast evaporating in our world today.

Have a great day!

Old 02-23-2017, 09:09 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
They said the item was a consignment and worth far more than my winning bid and that, if I would cancel, they intimated that they would offer it to me for something on the order of three to four times my winning bid. Why, then did they list it with "no reserve"? Their problem, not mine.
I would say it was priced right. No way they sell for $300-400. Maybe he's thinking of wide oval tips.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:02 AM
HalfGerman
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I had an online retailer put up a wrong price $ 4.50, instead of $45 ( bathroom exhaust fan motor) they honored the price and promptly adjusted the website price. https://www.repairclinic.com/ I would have met them halfway if they insisted.

They should eat it and learn from their mistake.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:26 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

Just to add an example of honest eBay'ers, I won an auction for a NOS OEM 993 brake master cylinder from a repair facility. They e-mailed me after a couple of days, said they looked high and low but couldn't find it, so they went out and bought one from the dealer and sent it to me. Now, that's what I call honorable!
Old 02-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Perhaps it was a legitimate mistake on their part. They've been mentioned many times on this board and IIRC favorably. Why not pick up the phone and call them before jumping to conclusions.
That is utter BS. Honor the price-they should suck it up, it shouldn't put them out of business. If we or one of my reps screws up a quote, usually at significant $, we honor the price.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:35 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

...And now, "The rest of the story": Seems as though TKS "found" another set of muffler tips...the very same part numbers, dates and condition as those in the auction that they would let go for my winning bid...which I accepted. They arrived today and were as described. I changed my negative feedback to positive and the Earth continues to rotate around the Sun. Thanks to all those who chimed in on this matter. Ah, the power of RENNLIST! Is this a great place or what?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:38 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

+1 NC ...
The day's when "Big Boy Rules" was business normal, hell personal normal ... are slipping away.

Who's zooming whom ... If I had a dollar for every engagement,, ****-ant attorney playing the con,,, BS'ing to maintain a partners $ quota ... Damn, I'd be rich

Quick Reply: OT: Poor eBay Experience