Sponsored by:

who was looking for front half 993 wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Default who was looking for front half 993 wiring harness

I just returned from out of the country can't recall who or where i responded to post ,found the harness in garage and it perked my memory one of you is in need let me know I have it , bert

Found him on the Bird my bad !thanks all

Last edited by budge96; 02-08-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Honkeytonk993
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my excellent mechanic in Nashville, Wicky Lawrie, at Renntag Motorwerks, discovered my deteriorated wiring harness problem in my 1995 Carrera 2. Thanks to these Rennlist posts, and the 1-800-Porsche phone number posted here, I discovered very quickly that, indeed, my car is covered by the "W301 Campaign" - not a recall - for the wiring harness. It also sounds like Rennlist members were responsible for making this a campaign, so my big thanks to all who were involved!!! That's thousands of dollars saved. The dealership may do the work, though I'd prefer to have Wicky do it. We'll see.

Other 1995 owners beware: this wiring issue can cause engine fires, as Wicky told me and as some on this site have experienced. So I'd recommend getting the harness replaced for free ASAP. Thanks again, Rennlisters!

Julian
Old 04-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Great! You can thank "E. J. - 993 Alumni" for taking the lead on this issue: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...arch-here.html

EJ has long moved on from Rennlist, but it's nice to know his efforts are still appreciated. I had my local dealer replace the harness on my former, 1995 race car, and the work was fine. I know Wicky enjoys an excellent rep down there; I have quite a few friends who live in Nashville/Franklin, one of whom (Tennessee Turbo) has two Cayenne turbos, a 944 Turbo, a 944 and a Boxster (maybe two; lost count). He has been using Wicky for the past twenty years.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:59 PM
paulkromz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

Old 04-05-2018, 01:06 PM
paulkromz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Honkeytonk993
So my excellent mechanic in Nashville, Wicky Lawrie, at Renntag Motorwerks, discovered my deteriorated wiring harness problem in my 1995 Carrera 2. Thanks to these Rennlist posts, and the 1-800-Porsche phone number posted here, I discovered very quickly that, indeed, my car is covered by the "W301 Campaign" - not a recall - for the wiring harness. It also sounds like Rennlist members were responsible for making this a campaign, so my big thanks to all who were involved!!! That's thousands of dollars saved. The dealership may do the work, though I'd prefer to have Wicky do it. We'll see.

Other 1995 owners beware: this wiring issue can cause engine fires, as Wicky told me and as some on this site have experienced. So I'd recommend getting the harness replaced for free ASAP. Thanks again, Rennlisters!

Julian
Julian, do you happen to know an active live website where I can verify my VIN against this? I am just gonna assume my 993's previous owner did not do this....

thanks guys!

-Paul

I did check recall.porsche.com and nothing came up for my VIN

hope this is correct.....

Last edited by paulkromz; 04-05-2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by paulkromz
Julian, do you happen to know an active live website where I can verify my VIN against this? I am just gonna assume my 993's previous owner did not do this....

thanks guys!

-Paul

I did check recall.porsche.com and nothing came up for my VIN

hope this is correct.....
You can also call your local dealer to verify if the work was done.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:10 PM
paulkromz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
You can also call your local dealer to verify if the work was done.

Thanks, Good Idea
Old 04-09-2018, 01:05 AM
Honkeytonk993
AutoX

Hi Mark and Paul,

Mark: Thanks for the heads-up on E.J. I clicked on that link you sent and saw all the work he did. Good Lord. Anyway, I left him a thanks if he ever checks back in. Yes, Wicky's a great mechanic and resource. It's good to have him around!

Paul: in addition to the dealership, the 1-800-PORSCHE rep asked for my VIN and was able to determine that I'd not yet had the wiring harness replaced on Porsche's dime. Good luck!

My car will get worked on tomorrow by the dealer!
Old 04-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Honkeytonk993
AutoX

Update on wiring harness! So Porsche of Nashville received my car on Thursday with all the information from Wicky and me about the wiring harness and recall and they (the dealership) sent me an email also last Thursday saying it would be worked on and completed yesterday (Monday). So I call yesterday to inquire about other work "while you're in there" and they don't call back as they said they would, so I called again today. It turns out they only ordered the wiring harness yesterday, from Germany, and it shouldn't be in till the end of the week and even that isn't clear.

Quick Reply: who was looking for front half 993 wiring harness