Sponsored by:

more than bozo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 09:37 PM
blackcat
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy more than bozo?

After reviewing Robin's p-car.com diy site, I put my car ('96 C2 manual) up on stands so I could to change the fluids. I crawled under and started looking for neat things to unscrew / drain and came across a 17mm bolt that looked promising - between the crossbar and the sway bar (see pic - bottom is towards front)

What I got was more than I bargained for - the bolt came out fairly easily, but it was follwed by a spring, a tube with a shoulder that had a sliding ring, and a cap that the tube fit into... hmmm, this wasn't in the diy description... I did get about 4 qts of heavy oil out (so I'm guessing it was transmission related)

What did I just do? More importantly how do I _UN_do it?! I was a little surprised at more than just the bolt coming out that I'm not sure of the order the parts go back together - things seem to fit well when I put the tube with the shoulder into the cap, put the ring on the tube and put the spring over the tube... but, having bozo'd this enough I thought I'd ask to make sure

When you're done ROFL-ing, any ideas?

thanks
Pete
Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2003, 09:38 PM
blackcat
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another pic

oops - here's a pic of the drain...
Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2003, 10:36 PM