Sponsored by:

993 Cab Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 02:56 AM
Damillster
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Cab Questions

I have few questions regarding the 993 cabriolet. These may seem a little trite, but the answers will greatly assist me in my decision to search for a good specimen.

-Does the top require any additional actions to raise/lower (unlatching, unzipping the rear window, etc.)?

-Does the top seem fairly secure at highway speeds when it is lowered and the boot is NOT used? And does the wind deflector have any effect on this?

-With the wind deflector in place, is the cockpit quiet with the top down at highway speeds (can I still listen to the radio)—relative to a Boxster.

-Is there a way to secure belongings in the rear seat area? If not, can the seats be taken out and replaced by a shelf similar to what was used in the 92 cab? As I recall, the shelf had a fastener that secured your things and two small cabinets in the base for small items (CDs, etc.).

-How much power can be extracted from that motor, while keeping it NA, if I were to modify (cams, intake, exhaust, ECU)?

-And assuming I am going to modify the engine, is it worth spending the extra money on a ’96 (which already has more power), or stick with a ’95, which is cheaper?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:19 AM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 993 Cab Questions

-Does the top require any additional actions to raise/lower (unlatching, unzipping the rear window, etc.)?

Nope, just hold the button.

-Does the top seem fairly secure at highway speeds when it is lowered and the boot is NOT used? And does the wind deflector have any effect on this?

The top seems fairly secure at highway speeds (60mph) but I wouldn't do it often.

-With the wind deflector in place, is the cockpit quiet with the top down at highway speeds (can I still listen to the radio)—relative to a Boxster.

It's quite but can't hear the stereo, at least not to my level of sound.

-Is there a way to secure belongings in the rear seat area? If not, can the seats be taken out and replaced by a shelf similar to what was used in the 92 cab? As I recall, the shelf had a fastener that secured your things and two small cabinets in the base for small items (CDs, etc.).

As long as you have the wind deflector you should be fine. I never had things blown off the car.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:49 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Without the boot cover in place, the constant flapping of the head liner at high speed for a long duration will stress the seams.

I have the Hi-Fi stereo option and I hear it fine at any speed regardless of the top being up or down. The volume adjusts automatically.

The modifications to the engine you are contemplating have no relation to the cab as the engine is the same as the coupe.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:11 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by fbfisher
I have the Hi-Fi stereo option and I hear it fine at any speed regardless of the top being up or down. The volume adjusts automatically.

I think I have hi fi option based on the option codes listed on the hood (the front speakers have separated tweeters ?). I had no idea the volume adjusts automatically. I haven't listened to the stereo for more than 5 mins though, RSR always sounds better

thx for the info, Fred.

Quick Reply: 993 Cab Questions