Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Working on my car and my looooong Quickjack story.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 04:42 PM
HalfGerman
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 133 Posts

No, xene that would not work. The problem is that the unit moves in an arc. Here was my experience with it : https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-my-993-a.html And the perpendicular lift I did, I would not recommend on a 993.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:56 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by xene
Will be waiting for the revised as well. Good thing I found this thread before purchasing.

This is smart thinking^^^

Do you think if the car was on wood blocks before lifting it would clear that front tire? Because I normally drive my car up on woods blocks prior to lifting the car via a jack.
The latter of the two statements is immaterial...Wait for the revised version and reviews.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:09 AM
yoda888
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

With so many interested folks we should get a group buy going. Take advantage of our buying power!
Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 PM
yoda888
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Got an email from them today saying the new model was out! Now I need to find a GroupBuy for this. =P
Old 10-09-2017, 06:02 AM
Gazzz999
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see QuickJack is now listing the new BL-5000SLX on their website. I figure this is the modified version that should suit the 993.
Has anyone purchased one of these units yet to verify that it does fit the 993?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:58 PM
GTA6T7
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gazzz999
I see QuickJack is now listing the new BL-5000SLX on their website. I figure this is the modified version that should suit the 993.
Has anyone purchased one of these units yet to verify that it does fit the 993?
I spoke to the folks at quickjack and they verified that the BL-50000SLX is the slightly shorter model that fits the 993 wheelbase. I haven't purchased mine yet but I will before the holidays.

I believe Pelican Parts is offering free shipping and the necessary fluids to make it operational. If you purchase before me, please post your experience/impressions. Thanks
Old 11-13-2017, 03:25 PM
s14kev
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Any feedback. I'm looking at getting one too. I purchased an AC hydraulics DK13HLQ jack but it's still a pain getting the 993 on all 4 jack stands. My 993 is 3.75" from the ground to the lift points. Hoping the quickjack will be the solution.

Originally Posted by GTA6T7
I spoke to the folks at quickjack and they verified that the BL-50000SLX is the slightly shorter model that fits the 993 wheelbase. I haven't purchased mine yet but I will before the holidays.

I believe Pelican Parts is offering free shipping and the necessary fluids to make it operational. If you purchase before me, please post your experience/impressions. Thanks
Old 08-31-2019, 06:40 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 86 Posts

Old thread but $999 on Costco online atm. Any idea if this is the correct version? They really should have named the revised model something new.

https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5%2...100460313.html
Old 08-31-2019, 08:29 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,212 Likes on 2,718 Posts

Originally Posted by gmorat
Old thread but $999 on Costco online atm. Any idea if this is the correct version? They really should have named the revised model something new.

https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5%2...100460313.html
Yes it's the correct version.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:14 AM
akrca4
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

So has anyone actually done the oil change with these?
Old 09-12-2019, 11:28 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Beware - the Quickjack may not be the best option. For one, the customer service is terrible. Absolutely horrible. Just got off the phone with them. I've had my unit for only 6 months now, and have had some serious issues, including right out of the box - the air nipple on one of the air cylinders would not hold air and I needed to get that replaced before I could use the system.
Recently, one of the hose couplings failed, and if the car had been lifted higher, it would have tipped off the lift. I had to have new ones sent, plus new pads for the motor unit because the little rubber ones that came with it broke off. They sent the wrong parts for the foot pads - not even pads at all. So I called to get that rectified and got nothing but attitude from the smug CSR. They want me to take a picture of what I got and what I need and send them that then they'll send me the right ones - more delay and bullsh!t. These little pads are like 15 cents - they should just toss some in a bag and send them out.

The Quickjack works fine when it works, but the quality is suspect, and the support is very bad.

Anyway - I am glad I have my lift bars, and they are going nowhere!
Old 09-12-2019, 11:43 AM
der Geist
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by linderpat
Beware - the Quickjack may not be the best option. For one, the customer service is terrible. Absolutely horrible. Just got off the phone with them. I've had my unit for only 6 months now, and have had some serious issues, including right out of the box - the air nipple on one of the air cylinders would not hold air and I needed to get that replaced before I could use the system.
Recently, one of the hose couplings failed, and if the car had been lifted higher, it would have tipped off the lift. I had to have new ones sent, plus new pads for the motor unit because the little rubber ones that came with it broke off. They sent the wrong parts for the foot pads - not even pads at all. So I called to get that rectified and got nothing but attitude from the smug CSR. They want me to take a picture of what I got and what I need and send them that then they'll send me the right ones - more delay and bullsh!t. These little pads are like 15 cents - they should just toss some in a bag and send them out.

The Quickjack works fine when it works, but the quality is suspect, and the support is very bad.

Anyway - I am glad I have my lift bars, and they are going nowhere!

I would have to disagree. I had a very minor problem with mine when i purchased it and not only did they send out the parts promptly but they sent them overnight at no cost. I have been using my quickjack for about 3 years now and find it indispensable. Next month i will be putting the snow tires on my wife’s car and changing the oil on 3 cars. This tool will save me an awful lot of work.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:13 PM
bobbyp
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by akrca4
So has anyone actually done the oil change with these?
Interested in this too.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:00 PM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Originally Posted by der Geist
I would have to disagree. I had a very minor problem with mine when i purchased it and not only did they send out the parts promptly but they sent them overnight at no cost. I have been using my quickjack for about 3 years now and find it indispensable. Next month i will be putting the snow tires on my wife’s car and changing the oil on 3 cars. This tool will save me an awful lot of work.
I am glad to hear that, and when mine work, I love them. However, quality issues from day one, having to deal with long hold times on the phone, then an unhelpful and smug CSR was enough for me and thus my post. They are great if they work when you need them. If every third or fourth use something fails and you have to go through a hassle to get replacement parts and that delays your project, then not so great. The price is good, but that's the trade off. If I had a do-over, I'd spend a bit more for one of the other systems.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:08 PM
PFDGSB
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Just confirming this.
I received mine a week ago from Costco. I successfully lifted a '97 C4 and an '86 944 N/A.

Originally Posted by rk-d
Yes it's the correct version.

Quick Reply: Working on my car and my looooong Quickjack story.