Sponsored by:

PPI in Southampton, NY....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 02:48 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Default PPI in Southampton, NY....

I keep posting to find places for PPI's and the cars to get PPI'ed keep falling through for one reason or another so I apologize. I checked the FAQ but none of the links work anymore.

Anyhow, does anyone know of a place near Southampton, NY for a PPI? I am looking at a 97 C2S at Aventura Motor Group. Have you heard any bad things about this place? Thanks so much.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:20 PM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, they misspelled Porsche on their site - call me ****, but I always take it as a bad sign when someone misspells the make/model of the car they're trying to sell.

Try http://www.metronypca.org/ Under driver's ed, tech inspection they list a bunch of shops. The 631 and 516 numbers are on Long Island. I'm not, so I don't know who's closest.

Stef
Old 10-27-2003, 05:07 PM
chris322
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silver 1.8T:

I started looking at the 97 S as well and if you wanted to have the PPI done at a Porsche dealer, there is one in Southampton. I can't think of the name, but I imagine it is pretty close to the dealer selling the car. It looks like a great car, except for a dent in the front bumper around the front license plate, but that could be an optical illusion. I was considering the car, but it is a bit soon and a little bit more than I want to spend and I hate dealers that use E-bay as a medium to sell a car. It seems like you either utilize the buy it now feature and not negotiate on the price or you take the risk and go through the effort of having a PPI and put your self at the mercy of the auction process. Anyway, its a great looking car and let me know how things turn out. By the way, what year 993 is in your avatar?
Old 10-27-2003, 06:56 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

I dont know what year it is. I just picked it from the rennlist avatar list. I kind of liked the way it looked. Have you actually seen this car? How big is this dent?
Old 10-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Nick,

Sorry Tom Winter's car didn't work out for you. It was a nice 993. let me know if I can help you with any 993's in this area.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:31 PM
chris322
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I viewed the pictures from the e-bay site. If I were a bit more computer literate I would paste the site for you so you could just click on it. The dent appears to be about the size of a softball, maybe a little bigger. However, it appears that the license plate covers it up a bit. Maybe it is an optical illusion, but I swear there is a dent there. Take a look on ebay. Have you talked with anyone from the dealer? I sent them an e-mail early today and don't anticipate hearing anything back.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:35 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Mark,
I am sorry too Mark. He did not want to consider any offers in the low 40's and I was not willing to pay that for a car so lightly optioned and with paintwork done.

Chris,
I looked at the site also and saw exactly what you mean. The guy told me the car was nearly flawless and said nothing about a dent and I specifically asked about paint condition etc. I am going to call him tomorow and ask him a couple more questions about it so I will hopefully find out then.

Old 10-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Nick,

My PM box has been cleared. Sorry.

<edit> My 993rd post, right behind Chris Walrod!

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 10-27-2003 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: PPI in Southampton, NY....