Note on my windshield "If you ever want to sell call me"

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 08:34 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol,
You are a bad bad man fongster.

Perhaps someday, if I find the right replacement... (heh heh)
Ruf 993TT hard to beat on any grounds? how lah?!
Old 10-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I put a note on a rare old car. The guy politely called to say he wasn't selling and then, by virtue of me still having the same cell phone number, called again five or six _years_ later to see if I wanted. Sadly, I had moved to another country. Nice car though.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by superyellowfly
lol,
You are a bad bad man fongster.

Perhaps someday, if I find the right replacement... (heh heh)
Ruf 993TT hard to beat on any grounds? how lah?!
How bruther, I trade you for a 1995 Carrera RS?

hahahah
Old 10-25-2003, 12:43 PM
CMMTracknut
Instructor

Default Give the guy a chance

Randy,one day I was driving home from work in my F150 and saw a beautiful Arctic Silver 993 C4S with black interior rolling down the street. I know all of the P-cars in town so I thought I would follow him a bit. I have been in the market for a 993 for some time and this color combo is on my list. I followed for a couple of miles and finnally flagged him down. I complimented him on his car and asked if would want to sell it. The guy was a jerk. He cleatry knew less about the car than I, and even less about me. I am young guy but I own my own business, home, 3 cars and I just happened to be on the PCA Board, and I am the local track chairman. I instruct for Audi, BMW, Porsche and Ferriari clubs. Just because I was young guy driving a truck(my tow vehicle) the guy treated me like crappolla. Moral of the story is you should give the guy a chance. He might surprise you.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Dont misunderstand, i would give him a chance if I wanted to sell. I am comtemplating whether it is worth it for me. I'm not a snob at all and if I am dealing with one I usually throw it right back in their face.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:08 PM
CMMTracknut
Instructor

Talking Roger That

If I had a guards red beauty, I don't know if I would sell either. Each one of my cars has held a special place in my heart. My sig. other just rolls her eyes whenever I talk about selling, buys, modifiing anything I have because she knows how much contenplation it requires. I have been ready to drive over a pick up a car and talk to the seller minutes before and they subsequently back out. I know what it is like. The last car I sold took me 3 years to have the nerve to part with it. Good Luck.
On a side note, the TTs I have driven have a visceral impact that is awfully satisfiying!!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by superyellowfly
Harold,
Tell me about it!
It gets harder and harder for me to find buddies with TT's
Nobobdy wants to play wit me :<

I guess the local policies make the number of cars wittle down over the years... That said, our cars become instantly more rare. Strangely, rarity doesn't equate to higher price here. Unfortunately
fren, maybe respray the car arena red, put the rims back to silver. then it wont look so intimidating then at least the REXs and evo's may play with you....dont think any porsche owner in their right mind would...

Quick Reply: Note on my windshield "If you ever want to sell call me"