Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy: Nussbaum Sprinter Lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 01:26 PM
WillyC4S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any kind of locking capability that prevents the lift from falling back down once the full height is achieved? Not sure I trust the hydraulics alone.

Seems like there should be some kind of safety feature like that considering there's really no way to use a jack stand due to the height.

Old 10-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 139 Posts

>can lifts like this be used with a body on frame vehicle, with very inboard lifting points, or do you need peripheral points like on the unibodies as pictured? do those white lifting blocks come with the lift?

I've used this on the 356 (unibody) and on the 993 using the supplied blocks under the jacking points, resting on the longitudinal pads. This works very well. It would only be a problem with the early 911s that do not have 2 jack points per side. then you have a problem because of the AC lines and oil lines. For those they sell $159 arms that mount on the longitudinals.

>Is there any kind of locking capability that prevents the lift from falling back down once the full height is achieved? Not sure I trust the hydraulics

This being america, where you can sue for ANY reason, even the most frivolous ones, so yes,of course, it's got a locking mechanism, a bar that follows the piston and drops into grooves... In fact once the lif tis in position you lower it onto that catch bar, so you are not using hydraulics AT ALL (except as a fail-safe I guess).

Hope this helps, though I am starting to feel like a Lift salesman. jsut a satisfied user, if you want to go pay $3000 instead of $1200, please be my guest ;-)
Old 10-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason and *****,

Here are a few specifics; I how these answers your questions.

The lift can be locked at any number of positions up to and including the fully extended position.

The Platform length for each is 56" to 75"
Lifting height is 39.6"
Drive on height is 3.92"
Total width of the unit is 70.8"
Lift capacity is 5500 lbs.
Lift uses 220 volts as far as I know

Using the above known figures I computed the platform width to be 18"each and the width between the platforms at between 34" and 35".
www.ultimategarage.com website indicates these same figures for the platform widths and space between platforms.

There should be no problem with the jackpoint spacing. I did an outline of what the lift would look like on my garage floor at home using tape. The jackpoint spacing between the points on the car is about 56", so the platform will not have to be extended in length. You would put a nylon or wood block or some other material under the car jackpoint which will make contact with the platform on the lift. Jason, those blocks you are talking about and which are shown in the photo are included and they can be cut to fit the jackpoint on the car.

You can remove the engine and gearbox as a unit with this lift.

Yes this lift is expensive, at $2500. plus shipping which will be about $250 it's probably the most expensive mid-rise scissors lift on the market.

I do not believe there is another mid-rise lift on the market that is of the quality of this lift and that will be able to do what this lift can do with respect to ease of removal and re-installation of engine and gearbox as a unit.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Today is the last day to place your order. If anyone else wants one you will need to let me know right away.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:27 PM
nicknack
Intermediate

Default lift

are you still taking orders
Old 11-08-2009, 09:50 PM
shu
Racer

I think you are a little late.....check the date on this post . Group buy was back in 2003!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by shu
I think you are a little late.....check the date on this post . Group buy was back in 2003!
He did, but not the year...lol
Old 11-13-2009, 01:02 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default 123

wish i knew about the group buy then, its an awesome lift..
Attached Images   
Old 11-13-2009, 01:41 AM
helmet155
Pro

search returns jumbled chronological results...easy mistake.

Quick Reply: Group Buy: Nussbaum Sprinter Lift