Exhaust choice

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by hn
96' box cover (or maybe later model) comes with holes pattern.
Only if you have the M159 motor sound option.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:02 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE
Only if you have the M159 motor sound option. [/QUOTE]

Hi Viken, I meant the holes pattern that are marked on the inside of the box ready to be drilled if one wishes to. My 95's doesn't have it but the one I bought from ebay with marked date of 96 has it.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by hn
Hi Viken, I meant the holes pattern that are marked on the inside of the box ready to be drilled if one wishes to. My 95's doesn't have it but the one I bought from ebay with marked date of 96 has it.
Gotcha.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:52 PM
blackcat
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to add my two cents - I've had my C2 w/ Maxflows for about about 3 months now and I've noticed that the low end torque isn't what (I think) it should be from a dead stop. From what I've read lately it may be the Maxflows causing the problem... LOVE the exhaust note, though!
Old 10-20-2003, 02:56 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found the RSR's offer a great combination of stock looks and sounds, a lack of (resonance) and an abundance of (full throttle).
Old 10-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

The RSR's are an inexpensive alternative to achieving great, but not overly painful or raucous, sound from your 993.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:00 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Make your decision on sound only - any performance increase (or decrease) will not be substantial enough to be noticed (can you really tell the difference if you gain or lose 5HP?).

I have had the Motorsound (too quiet) and the Max-flo (pretty nice) and am now running the Supercups. Ilove them but can see how others might think they are too loud (I like obnoxious - makes my life more interesting).
Old 10-20-2003, 06:15 PM
YellowC4S
Racer

I have the Maxflows and I absolutely love them. Had GHL before I replaced them.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 335 Posts

Kevin, why did you replace the GHL's. How did they compare with the maxflows?
Old 10-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Android356
Intermediate

Default Mufflers

I went with the Fabspeed maxflow. I think the quality is superior to anyting else out there, and the welds on those are like rows of dimes, perfect all around. Exhaust tips are great, no resonance and is on the loud side but not unreasonable. I did my own supercup cover and removed the internal Swiss cheese noise deflector out of the throttle body. Great sound WFO. Really happy to have a mean sounding car, and when the Vario-Ram comes on - sounds like a symphony of mechanical precision. Some kinds of loud are just rotten to the ears, but I am sure any of the well made aftermarket exhaust would be an improvement over the stock earmuffs they stick on our cars. Have fun and enjoy.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

The RSR's were not loud enough for me so I got Monty's. I'm told they are not quite as loud as Maxflo's. The Monty's fit like stock and I can use my stock large oval tips.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:58 PM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

Default Re: Mufflers

Originally posted by Android356
I went with the Fabspeed maxflow. I think the quality is superior to anyting else out there, and the welds on those are like rows of dimes, perfect all around. Exhaust tips are great, no resonance and is on the loud side but not unreasonable. I did my own supercup cover and removed the internal Swiss cheese noise deflector out of the throttle body. Great sound WFO. Really happy to have a mean sounding car, and when the Vario-Ram comes on - sounds like a symphony of mechanical precision. Some kinds of loud are just rotten to the ears, but I am sure any of the well made aftermarket exhaust would be an improvement over the stock earmuffs they stick on our cars. Have fun and enjoy.
Bubba robot,

did yall lookey at da pikture dat bubba viking linked? did yall see what the joefabulous system dun lookid like? da whole time dat bubba wit da turbolator kar waz havin prollems, ol joe fabulous waz denyin it. how kould aneewun say fabulosospeed iz good stuff after dat?

YurFren,
JimBob
Old 10-20-2003, 09:15 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Originally posted by blackcat
Just wanted to add my two cents - I've had my C2 w/ Maxflows for about about 3 months now and I've noticed that the low end torque isn't what (I think) it should be from a dead stop. From what I've read lately it may be the Maxflows causing the problem... LOVE the exhaust note, though!
You are exactly right. We did some scientific testing back to back with stock motor sound mufflers and maxflows on two identical cars. Both cars lost low end power with the maxipads.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Android356
Intermediate

Default Maxiflow

Who's luggin around their motors anyways?! I don't know what you guys consider "low end" but anything after 3k most of our cars are well on their way. Well to each his own, and as my used car salesman says "an *** for every seat and seat for every ***". Sadly if I was blasting around as much as I would like I think i would be driving a 73 RS with real pipes. As long as we are having fun!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:34 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Default Re: Maxiflow

Originally posted by Android356
Who's luggin around their motors anyways?! I don't know what you guys consider "low end"

Uh... for the tests we did, we considered everything under 5,000 rpms "low end".

Use the Maxipads if you want, and convince yourself that they're as good as or better than stock. Just don't try to convince anyone else. The facts are not on your side.

Quick Reply: Exhaust choice