Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on C4S AWD and LSD function / test

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:14 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

The stock tires do have a small difference in rolling diameter. Around 0.5%, iirc. So there will be a very small amount of torque going to the front at all times. Not sure how much, and it will vary according to tire pressure, tire size and the VC.

I still have to conclusively test my CV before I know how well it's working.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:33 AM
notbob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to upgrade the front diff to a LSD? If so who sells a setup for it? What about rear LSD upgrades how difficult?
Old 11-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LSD test is simple. Take Your car after the rain to open place like car park. Try to brake rear wheels loose, performing U-turn with full power, in I-st gear on wet asphalt. If rear breaaks loose, LSD is ok If only one wheel spins, its not properly working.

Should work also with 4wd as very small proportion of power is fed to front wheel. I have seen TT 4wd doing it.

I just purchased a BMW with no diff block. All my earlier cars had either 4wd or LSD. Difference is huge! My 993 had LSD installed.

May-be this test may sound too tough -- but Porsche is built to handle it.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Graham, when You change Your Trans fluid if it is black the your VC has blown up, fractured, done broke,etc... If the fluid was changed between your change and the failure You wont be able to tell, but from your description I would surmise it is toast.

Quick Reply: Update on C4S AWD and LSD function / test