Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Still got a set?
Old 02-15-2017, 10:16 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Hey Curt -

Thanks for the heads-up. Just now responded to your PM regarding the templates.
Look for a Paypal from .. ingrid.schneider@accenture.com Mailing address is good.

Many thanx, M/S
Old 02-15-2017, 05:12 PM
AllMine
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I received a payment from Mike (above) and that is the last set I have available. Looks like it is up to this community to support each other going forward. Thank You to all that purchased a set, and my apologies to those that wanted a set and I could not assist.
Curt
Old 02-16-2020, 12:18 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 958 Likes on 487 Posts

Hate to bump an old thread but does anyone have a set available for sale, rent, borrow?

I'm having my front and rear glass replaced this week and looking for some help. Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated!
Old 02-16-2020, 01:17 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by boomboomthump
Hate to bump an old thread but does anyone have a set available for sale, rent, borrow?

I'm having my front and rear glass replaced this week and looking for some help. Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated!
I have a set of FR and RR templates and have loaned them out before. One is factory the other is a reproduction. Where are you located?
Old 02-16-2020, 04:19 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 958 Likes on 487 Posts

Hey Mike, I'm in New Jersey (Jersey City area). Will send you a PM. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2020, 07:48 PM
florent78
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi
bump also

if a full set is still available
just pm me

thanks
Old 03-06-2020, 01:15 AM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Windshield Template

I also would be interested in a set of templates. Please let me know if there is another set is available. Thank you!

mark
Old 03-06-2020, 07:52 AM
paulkromz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

sign me up as well if these ever make a comeback.

best,
paul
Old 03-08-2020, 01:00 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 90 Posts

I am also in need replacing two windshields and a rear glass thank you in advance , Bert
Old 03-10-2020, 08:50 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I wish I had known about these some years ago when I had to have my front and rear glass replaced. The glass installer did not use any templates. My rear glass is low in the recess, and the outside rubber seal does not fit properly. Nothing can be done now.... Maybe in the distant future this may get corrected. No leaks or anything. I did seal the glass to body gap big time!!!!
Old 05-17-2020, 09:45 AM
jibmaster1
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Yep, they don't listen!! "IVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR..." they say!

Originally Posted by AllMine
I have a few sets of templates for installing the windshields and back glass on our cars. I had them made from an Adobe Illustrator file I was able to source. They were laser cut from Masonite, or clip board material, and I believe is 1/8" thick.

I would love to tell you how terrific they were when they were used to install the windshield on my 95 Cab...but I can not. I had the glass pulled to fix a small windshield rust concern, and then went on to a roof off, glass out respray. So...
First round the glass "tech" refused to use the templates and completely ignored the service manual /T.S.B. Procedures. I was not with the car when this happened.
Round 2 different "tech" literally flat out told me he could not install the glass without the outer weatherstrip on. This, of course, means it is impossible to use the templates. Crappy install again.
There has not been a round 3.
What I do know is the windshield templates are accurate. Before taking the car to the body shop I checked if the templates lined up correctly, and they did. I believe this was still the original glass, I think it was a Sigla glass, and the "driven by Hurley Haywood" Brumos sticker was in the lower passenger corner, and the outer weatherstrip fit and looked terrific.
The top and bottom of the templates fit flush against the glass and the left and right did not. The left and right lined up perfectly with the glass weatherstrip frame and the windshield frame when rotated slightly to fit in the weatherstrip frame. I assume this is because of how the sides curve differently from top to bottom, unlike the roof and cowl to glass fitment. I guess this in how the factory ones would work.

This is my first set I have ever seen or held, and I was honestly VERY excited with how well the templates fit.

If I did not feel these were accurate and useful I would just cut my losses and throw them in the trash. The last thing I want to do is cause problems for someone else. But, I think these can help reduce the stress around glass replacement.... If you can get your glass guy to use them...Grrrrrrrrrrrrr....

I do not own a coupe so I can not vouch for the fitment of the rear, but they were cut from the same AI file.

I will take $47.50 per set (windshield and back glass) shipped, in a bubble padded envelope, in the contiguous US. I prefer to have these spread around to help people out so I ask that you not request to buy more than 1 set. P.M. Me here and I will go by the date and time stamp to determine priority. I will not ship out of the country, sorry.
Thank You
Curt
Just read your post. Dealing with the exact same experience. I would be VERY interested in a set if these are ever produced again Curt.
Thanks,

Last edited by jibmaster1; 05-17-2020 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 05-17-2020, 10:10 AM
florent78
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes

little up also
Old 05-17-2020, 07:45 PM
paulkromz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

somebody please consider remaking these.......................PM me and I will gladly paypal
Old 05-18-2020, 12:31 PM
F18drvr
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I will take a set as well if someone makes these again!!!

Quick Reply: F.S. 993 Windshield/Back Glass Templates