Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now that the season is winding down, is anyone looking to sell their Supercups?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Now that the season is winding down, is anyone looking to sell their Supercups?

PM me if you are selling or know of someone who is.

For a narrow body coupe, if it makes a difference.

Thanks,
Old 10-14-2003, 09:54 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Mark,
It does make a difference so make sure they are for a NB car.

The slope keeps getting steeper, doesn't it? You want to cut to the chase and just buy my race car?
Old 10-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Greg Fishman
Mark,
It does make a difference so make sure they are for a NB car.

The slope keeps getting steeper, doesn't it? You want to cut to the chase and just buy my race car?
Preparation H Answer: Oh, no, Greg, it's not for me but for a, uh, friend.

As always, thanks for the info.

Regarding the slope, I'm not allowing myself to let go and just do the freefall. I know the process of turning my car into a semi-track car is all wrong but, despite the mantra of "Resistance is futile", I have convinced myself that I can't afford to go racing and, thus, shouldn't buy a pure track car. Okay, so, just today I skimmed the PCA Club Racing Rules to see where my car would fall if I should have some sort of monetary windfall and go club racing. Looking's free, right?

My thinking is that my car is too nice to go racing but, more importantly, I don't have the money to do it with any sort of cushion. Tires, a limited slip diff, time away from work, etc. all conspire to drain my checkbook. Also, I know that once I try racing, I won't want to stop and will be totally obsessed with speed, unlike my present state. Now, if and when I have my first major shunt in the car, I may consider turning it into a track car. Hopefully, a long way off.

So, uh, how much are you selling your car for?
Old 10-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kim, I'm guessing they're probably the 1st gen. Supercups without the welded baffles. I just put on a set of the latest gen. and was really surprised how close the fitment was compared to my RSR's and chrome ovals.

And now I think they're one in the same, narrow body vs. wide body, with the only difference being the way the mounting hardware is used.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Many thanks to local leadfoot racer Bill Walczak for donating his old Supercups to me!

It's gonna be a loooong winter.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:14 PM
993Widebody
Racer

Originally posted by Matt Vaughan
And now I think they're one in the same, narrow body vs. wide body, with the only difference being the way the mounting hardware is used.
No, they are not the same, the widebody version has a longer elbow pipe to bring the pipes out wider. On mine, (2nd generation) the elbow pipes are separate from the supercups so I have the flexibility of getting new elbows that would work with a narrowbody as well.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:24 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Matt Vaughan
I just put on a set of the latest gen. and was really surprised how close the fitment was compared to my RSR's and chrome ovals.

What? You got the supercups?? When??? I hope I did not have anything to do with your slippery slope
Old 10-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by DJF1
What? You got the supercups?? When??? I hope I did not have anything to do with your slippery slope
Heh... I can't say it wasn't a contributing factor.

No, they are not the same, the widebody version has a longer elbow pipe to bring the pipes out wider. On mine, (2nd generation) the elbow pipes are separate from the supercups so I have the flexibility of getting new elbows that would work with a narrowbody as well.
Mine are probably the same. I was told over the phone that they were in fact the same. Nevertheless, I didn't have any fitment problems.

My Gen 1 don't appear to be any wider, just too long. The tips stick out 3-4 inches.
Kim, this must be due to the fact yours is a NB? When I get my car back I'll post a picture of how mine hang.

Quick Reply: Now that the season is winding down, is anyone looking to sell their Supercups?