Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Installed Porsche Classic Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 02:24 AM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyway to integrate a backup camera with this unit?
Old 06-09-2019, 01:41 PM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Installed replacement OEM speakers all around along with the SIRIUSXM control unit and antenna yesterday/today......the "Classic Radio Installation Adventure" thread was most helpful I will add, and if I followed just one step mentioned in it I would have saved real hassle. I chose to mount the antenna on the dash pad, passenger side, at the A pillar which required removing the top dash pad. That wasn't too much hassle to be honest, not even removing the 10mm nut on the inside (next to the clock which requires removal). The two biggest pains in the rear were "snaking" (long zip tie pushed from inside the radio area and up into the upper dash) the antenna cable thru a very small hole where the car's radio antenna cable goes thru. I made the mistake of not taping the XM antenna cable (the zip tie method was a absolute failure, cable kept slipping thru), but once taped together with electrical tape it worked (the grommet in the radio antenna hole needs to be removed as well for all the cables to fit thru more easily). That hole is soooo small, but I guess back in 1997 the Porsche engineers weren't thinking about what other cables might share that very same hole. The other pain was getting all of the cables in place to allow the Classic Radio to slide back in....holy smokes, would love to hear what the trick is for that.....it took me quite a bit of time and sorting to get it to finally work.

Glad it's done.

Dash pad removed,

dash pad/classic radio in place....antenna not yet mounted (used two side tape)
Old 06-10-2019, 12:59 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 734 Likes on 522 Posts

Mine is in! Now replacing all OEM Speakers with OEM ones.

Quick Reply: Installed Porsche Classic Radio