Origin of the Porsche crest revealed

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 04:13 PM
Craig in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Origin of the Porsche crest revealed

Someone asked a month or so ago about the origin of the Porshce crest. The January 2002 issue of the Slipstream, the Maverick Region newsletter, has an article with all the details. A link to the newsletter may be found here.
Old 01-08-2002, 04:49 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And then there's always this handy information source - the Rennlist archives (old 993/996 Board). which doesn't require a download
Old 01-08-2002, 11:00 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts
While we are on the subject of Porsche Crests, recently I purchased a genuine crest from a Porsche dealer, took it out of the box and while looking at it, I turned it over and on the back was a small decal that said, Made in Tiawan. I showed the parts guy, he nor I could hardly believe it. You'd expect that the crest and pride of Porsche should have manufactured the crests in Germany. I know that Porsche is doing alot of outsourcing for parts however it should reflect in the pride of ownership.
Old 01-09-2002, 12:43 PM
Patricia
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That article was sent to all newsletter editors last month (National sends out a lot of things we can opt to publish); I put it in the San Gabriel Valley newsletter also. I must have missed the post asking about the crest!

Our website isn't up yet, but when it's ready (in about a month), we'll have Gabriel's Horn available in PDF format also.

Pat

Quick Reply: Origin of the Porsche crest revealed