Sponsored by:

Stupid Hershey

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 05:12 PM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by smq42
Didn't know hand controls were possible for track use. That's pretty amazing!
Thanks. FYI, I lost both my legs above the knee in an accident while racing my Formula Ford in an SCCA National race at Mid-Ohio a number of years ago. Here's my hand-controlled 996 at M-O:
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by David993S
Thanks. FYI, I lost both my legs above the knee in an accident while racing my Formula Ford in an SCCA National race at Mid-Ohio a number of years ago. Here's my hand-controlled 996 at M-O:
Damn. Good for you that you're still out there doing what you love.

Much easier now to understand why someone might be sensitive to people parking in (or near) a handicapped spot. (Not meant as a bash to the OP since, if he parked in a handicapped space in a vacant lot, his usage likely impacted no one.)
Old 04-20-2016, 04:09 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by David993S
When it comes to people that are so inconsiderate that they violate disabled parking space laws, I'll police as much as I damn well want to on Rennlist. But instead of flaming, I'd prefer to try to enlighten you. Non disabled people that park illegally in disabled parking spots usually do have some excuse to justify it - maybe the parking lot was empty. If so, use another parking space. What you don't get is that doesn't excuse it. You are effectively blocking two disabled spaces. What if a disabled person pulled up to park?

But instead of duly noting my "outrage", consider learning learn from this input, understanding the perspective of a disabled person who all too often sees non-disabled people take up disabled parking spaces, and perhaps in the future be a little more sensitive to others who are not as fortunate to be able-bodied.

Regardless of my comments above, looks like you have a really nice C2S. Congrats again.
I was going to reply with an awful retort, but then I tried to see things from your standpoint and can understand how seeing this would be like nails on a chalkboard for you. For that I am sorry, I am sure that your day to day is much more difficult than mine.

Now, in my defense we were not parked, but were simply emptying the trash and personal belongings from the car in a 98% vacant train station on a Saturday afternoon for eight minutes. If by some odd chance 8 handicapped people came in and took the open spots then a ninth and tenth came in with nowhere to go I would have moved. We only took the spot because it was close to the trash can.

Congrats on continuing to race, my wife wants threatens to put an end to my DE career if I even come back from NJMP with a sunburn.

Quick Reply: Stupid Hershey