Help lining up C4S rear emblem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 01:51 AM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Help lining up C4S rear emblem

Anyone have some advice on how to line up the "carrera 4s" emblems? I have a newly painted rear engine cover so theres nothing from the old emblem to follow.

How far apart are the "Carrera" and the "4 "? How do I get the "4" on at the correct angle, so the "S" looks right? Thanks,

Greg H.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:58 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a question as well about centering. I don't know the definitive answer, but here's my guess (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong):

LOGO ----/---- PART TO BE CENTERED
"Carrera" / "Carrera"
"Carrera 4" / "Carrera 4"
"Carrera 4S" / "Carrera 4S"

(in other words, entire logo centered in all circumstances) [edited based on Jim's post below)

This might help, although it's not an S:
Attached Images  

Last edited by Eric86Red911; 10-10-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:40 PM
David '96 993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg,
What kind of adhesive are you using to mount the logo? Just curious, as I need a new logo in the near future.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:26 PM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 66 Posts

the new logos from Porsche come with an adhesive tape. just peel off the protective layer and stick it in place. (before peeling off the protective layer, center the emblem exactly where you want it and make a few marks on the car for reference points)
to reuse an emblem, remove the old adhesive tape and install new 2-sided adhesive trim tape. ( i think 3M makes it, available at autozone type stores). I had best luck tracing the emblem on a piece of paper, then trimming the adhesive tape to the proper pattern, than applying it to the emblem. Quite time consuming....next time i will just spring for a brand new emblem for about $25, and list my old one on ebay for $26 .
there is an emblem adhesive/glue (3M or Permatex, can't remember), but i have been told it is a b!tch to get off later, and can wreck the paint should you get some in the wrong place.
good luck, max
Old 10-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Max (or anyone),

What do you use to make marks on your car? Tape or some sort of pen?

Greg H.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:56 PM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 66 Posts

For the used emblem, i just used a few of my Avery address labels to make a 'left'-'right'-'bottom' border. they peel off leaving no residue.
When installed the new "911" emblem, the top clear plastic layer has reference holes on the corners. after a bit of measuring i placed the emblem where it was intended to go, then put the labels on the lid under the reference holes, and marked the hole location with a pencil on the label. peel off protective layer on the adhesive side(back) of the emblem and install lining uo the holes in the plastic with the pencil marks.
this will all make a lot more sense when you see the new emblem (i am not exactly sure how the new Carerra emblem is configured)
max
Old 10-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Jim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my C4S from the left edge of the C in "Carrera" to the left edge of the rear deck lid is 11 1/2" From the right edge of the S to the right edge of the deck lid it is also 11 1/2". The combined emblem is therefore centered and the gap remaining between Carrera and 4 is 5/8". The S should have a notch in it to hold the 4 at the proper angle. From the bottom of the letters "Carrera" to the bottom of the deck lid is 3 1/4 inches. Because the S swoops below the letters, it is only 2 7/8" to the bottom of the lid. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Help lining up C4S rear emblem